Gibson Brands Forums

Having knee surgery today...

Bluemoon

If I was you' date=' I'd use a sharpie to mark which body part they are supposed to operate on, just so there are no mistakes...just sayin'[/quote'] As funny as this is, it's really good advice. Make sure you write all over your package "Everything here works fine. DON NOT REMOVE!"=;

As funny as this is' date=' it's really good advice. Make sure you write all over your package "Everything here works fine. DON NOT REMOVE!"=; [/quote']

Most docs are already marking which side they need to work on. (I think that's one of 2009's patient safety goals. BLECH) I've had more than a few operations in the last 5 years and there was probably no less than 5 people asking me what I was having done just to verify that they had the right patient & procedure matched up.

Of course, the downside to the Sharpie method is you can't mark internal organs!

Missed an opportunity for a great doctor joke:

You, "Hey doc. Will I be able to do the Tango after the surgery?"

Doc, "Why yes."

You, "Great! I've always wanted to do that."

Glad you're back on the mend.

Missed an opportunity for a great doctor joke:

You' date=' "Hey doc. Will I be able to do the Tango after the surgery?"

Doc, "Why yes."

You, "Great! I've always wanted to do that."

Glad you're back on the mend.[/quote']

I had surgery about 3 1/2 years ago. I walked into the OR (yep, they made me walk), got up on the table and they began shooting all kinds of anesthetics into my system. I vaguely remember asking the doc if I'd be able to play piano afterward. He laughed and told me no. As I slipped...in..to...un..con..sciousness.....I said, "Damn! I've working on that for the last 25 years..."

Glad it went well and good luck, do what they say in rehab and let yourself heal. Ive had five knee surgeries and now there just waiting till I get older to do a replacement knee's are no fun if you trash em. I played football and it was long enough ago that a syringe of novacaine/Lidocaine and a few steroid shots was standard between games. the surgeries are allot better now and if your careful and patient rehab really works.

Did you get out with micro surgery or do you now have the infamous horseshoe scars on your knee now?

Glad it went well and good luck, do what they say in rehab and let yourself heal. Ive had five knee surgeries and now there just waiting till I get older to do a replacement knee's are no fun if you trash em. I played football and it was long enough ago that a syringe of novacaine/Lidocaine and a few steroid shots was standard between games. the surgeries are allot better now and if your careful and patient rehab really works.

Did you get out with micro surgery or do you now have the infamous horseshoe scars on your knee now?

Sorry I missed this. good to see you are on the mend...

an American who likes Soccer (Football to us LOL) COOL!!

Matt

Not a true-blue American

Born in England: Age 0-10

Then moved in Belgium: Age 10-14

Then moved to New Jersey: Age 14-18

That's how I ended up a soccer player!

Archived