Gibson Brands Forums

This is the worst fake les paul custom ever...haha...

dem00n

I wish this pic was of better quality but it's a digital of an old film pic of one of my bands, ca; 1965 or so. The guitar is the real deal - a '61 Les Paul Custom with Bigsby. It was the first LP custom I ever saw and ruined me for good necks on guitars forever after, in spite of the fact that I was a drummer at the time. Anyhoo, it doesn't appear that there is anything at all on the trc. I wonder if ol' Roger still has that axe...

ScruftyPersonified002.jpg

The Craigslist ad is for a genuine Epiphone G400 Les Paul Custom

Exactly like this one

27_01.jpg27_02.jpg

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=27&CollectionID=16

They have been making these for over 10 years now - Various years are Korea, or China, or Thailand

some cool old catalogue pictures man.

Yea - Might want to bookmark this link below and browse away

http://www.vintageguitars.org.uk/catalogues.php

The Craigslist ad is for a genuine Epiphone G400 Les Paul Custom

Exactly like this one

27_01.jpg27_02.jpg

Thanks Elantric, I missed that part (I gotta admit I only looked at the pics :-) So epi does make that model, interesting. I'm really thinking about a G-400 for modding and stuff.

Re G-400 - They are a nice $400 guitar

At one time i believe there was the best example - the Epiphone G-400 "Eletist" - these were made in Japan - using real Gibson parts and nitro lacquer finish - included the Maestro type Vibrola in gold.

ANY Epiphone Eletist is a very cool guitar. - the Epi ES-335 Dot Neck Eletist was so cool - they had to stop importing them - they were impacting sales of the real deal out of memphis.

Archived