Gibson Brands Forums

1st Step amp build

djroge1

The first step for putting together this new amp was to mount the hardware. This is a good step because it ensures I have all of the needed parts. I'll do a little soldering perhaps tomorrow evening or Monday.

Here is my work area in the house we just moved into

PIC-0129.jpg

These are the pics of the mounted hardware

Back of amp

PIC-0123.jpg

Front

PIC-0125.jpg

The pots mounted

PIC-0124.jpg

PIC-0127.jpg

Close up of front

PIC-0126.jpg

The boards are not mounted, but this is where they will go later

PIC-0128.jpg

Man, I so envy you. I love tube amps, and would kill for the knowledge, and time to do what you do.

I am over stretched with 30 acres of woods, a hunting cabin, and a 3 story 100+ year old house, a wife that works midnights, a working band, a day job, and a 9 year old daughter in school.

Chainsaws and lawnmowers and weedeaters take up nearly 1 day a week.

God bless ya pal, I hope you show more pictures.

Murph.

That's Great!

So the capacitors and resistors are pre mounted' date=' you just have to wire and solder the boards, right?[/quote']

Yes since this is a kit the way it comes is with the boards pre-made. Actually, from the first amp I built I think making the board was the easiest part. This particular amp looks more difficult every time I scrutinize the wire layout.

Man, I so envy you. I love tube amps, and would kill for the knowledge, and time to do what you do.

I am over stretched with 30 acres of woods, a hunting cabin, and a 3 story 100+ year old house, a wife that works midnights, a working band, a day job, and a 9 year old daughter in school.

Chainsaws and lawnmowers and weedeaters take up nearly 1 day a week.

God bless ya pal, I hope you show more pictures.

Murph.

Actually, I sort of envy you - I miss playing regularly in a band. Perhaps one day again, but for now my live playing time is jamming with friends or at church. Although, I don't think I want 30 acres at this point in my life and I've never been a hunter.

Don't stop - burn the midnight oil, build, build, build.

Many here amongst us want to see the guitar plugged in one end,

the cabinet plugged in to the other, and notes played.

Ooooh but it's exciting. If it goes as well as I feel it will go,

the good ol' boys at Ceriatone may well be getting several orders imminently.....

which kit is that?

nice work!

The kit is from Ceriatone and it's their kit #2 which includes

Chassis

pre-mounted boards

iron - power transformer, output transformer, and choke

wire to make connections

hardware - pots, input/speaker jacks, switches, fuses/fuse holders, lamps and screw, washers, bolts.

The first amp I built I built it from scratch including the boards, but I had to source all the parts and order them from 2 different places. In the process I bought some wrong items and forgot other items. With this kit you get everything except tubes, power cord, and cab.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this is their OverTone Special kit (OTS)

Don't stop - burn the midnight oil' date=' build, build, build.

Many here amongst us want to see the guitar plugged in one end,

the cabinet plugged in to the other, and notes played.

Ooooh but it's exciting. If it goes as well as I feel it will go,

the good ol' boys at Ceriatone may well be getting several orders imminently.....[/quote']

There is too much involved to hurry this one along. It may be a while before any sound clips are posted.

Archived