Gibson Brands Forums

Philosophical psychobabble.

Homz

Between 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' and 'Horton Hears a Hoo' my 9yr. old son and I had a brief, but meaningful conversation. I asked him what he thought was the most important achievement of the human species.

Yes, I do have these types of conversations with my kids. I find them most enlightening.

So, to my surprise he didn't say cars or spaceships. He stopped playing his video game from the LEGOclub.com website and said music. I said, so if space aliens came to Earth and wanted to know about us humans you would play them something from Mozart or the Beatles. No dad, he said. I think I'd rather they hear some Led Zeppelin. Which song I asked. "Kashmir" he replied.

Damn near brought a tear to my eye.

Either he's a freaking genius or he knows how to tug at old dad's heart strings...probably both.

I just realized a theme in today's DVD selection.

'The Day the Earth Stood Still' and 'Horton Hears A Hoo' are both stories about saving the world. Kataue the space alien is trying to save the Earth and Horton is trying to save the tiny folk of Hooville.

Interesting.

Between 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' and 'Horton Hears a Hoo' my 9yr. old son and I had a brief' date=' but meaningful conversation. I asked him what he thought was the most important achievement of the human species.

Yes, I do have these types of conversations with my kids. I find them most enlightening.

So, to my surprise he didn't say cars or spaceships. He stopped playing his video game from the LEGOclub.com website and said [b']music[/b]. I said, so if space aliens came to Earth and wanted to know about us humans you would play them something from Mozart or the Beatles. No dad, he said. I think I'd rather they hear some Led Zeppelin. Which song I asked. "Kashmir" he replied.

Damn near brought a tear to my eye.

Either he's a freaking genius or he knows how to tug at old dad's heart strings...probably both.

good thing cause everyone knows aliens already own everything by the beatles.

Maybe it's not simply his innate understanding of his world and early mastery of it - but more the lack of it in you....

Face it Homz' date=' you matched wits with a 9 year old and he smoked you.[/b']

O:)

Maybe it's not simply his innate understanding of his world and early mastery of it - but more the lack of it in you....

Face it Homz' date=' you matched wits with a 9 year old and he smoked you.[/b']

O:)

That's probably only the second time you've said anything that had merit. Keep up the good work.

If it helps' date=' my oldest daughter shut me down when she was 5.

I got even though, [i']almost[/i] had her believing 2+2=22....

:-)

My son could convince me of that. I have no doubt.

Archived