Gibson Brands Forums

Go walkabout wi' me?

Cruznolfart

Nothing particularly special. Just something I did last summer with my digital camera. We were starting several projects on the place and I wanted a bit of a "before" record. Too bad I didn't start doing it when we first bought the place 8 years ago; it was so overgrown you couldn't see from one end of the place to the other, let alone walk about on it. I've thinned so much brush and small trees we burned for months, and that was just the stuff that was too big for the chipper and no good for the woodstove. I still have a ways to go to get a service road all the way around the place, including through the woods. Makes routine thinning much easier if I don't hafta drag everything out by hand.

Anyway, it starts out behind the garage/shop/sickle-barn/nursery/man-cave/music room and continues to the southeast end of the property where Gramma's garden is located. The well-house by the garden and the chicken-yard/hen-house were projects I completed in the last few years, it was all scrub brush and ferns out there when we got here.

Hope you enjoy.

th_MVI_0929.jpg

Thanks for the tour.. I'm not sure how' date=' I watched the film twice, but I missed seeing the tennis courts and the in-ground pool?

[/quote']

They were hard to see from the glare of the lights on the back 9....

Nice place, man [-o<.

OMG....

I just got back from a trip up the hill to Deadwood' date=' and ain't nothin' like the trees even up the hill.

Claustrophobia, here I come. <grin>

Seriously - Nice place... Very...

m

[/quote']

LOL! Thanks, milod, we really love it out here. The wife of one of our contractors came out, (she lives in Medford) and said she feared she'd end up hanging herself from one of these trees if she had to stay alone out here. Too much quiet and country for a townie, I guess. ;0]

Nice property! Thanks for the tour.

Maybe one day I'll tell my chainsaw story again.=P~:-s

Thanks, KSG, glad you could make it. And I don't think I got to read your chainsaw adventure but I know I'd like to. We used to go out to get firewood with more beer than chainsaw gas. You've probably never done that, though. :-&

They were hard to see from the glare of the lights on the back 9....

Nice place' date=' man :-&.[/quote']

Thanks, ChanMan, it's a little piece of Eden we're very glad to have found. Don't know how I'll feel about it when we're so old we hafta go to the doc every other day but we sure like it now!

I'm surprised you can get a decent internet hookup there. When I lived in the boonies' date=' all I could get was 26k dial up[/quote']

They pulled a fiber optics line in out here a few years back, and, in spite of all the mountains, there's still a good sat sig. We don't get cellular service consistently, though. Hopefully it'll become profitable enough to justify another tower or two on some of the local hilltops. It's a good trade, though...there's just NO traffic noise out here. :-&

And you have how many dirtbikes? Does your driveway have a streetname or what? That's a mighty big piece 'o propity (New English) you got there.

LOL! Oddly, I'm not into dirt bikes; they're too gd noisy for me. When we had the driveway chip-sealed, it was a total of 16,000 square feet. We're a couple hundred feet off the road plus I had a small service road I'd built out to Gramma's garden done at the same time. No street signs other than the "Chicken Crossing" one, though. But we can get around on the place even when it's snowy. Glad you liked it.

Archived