Gibson Brands Forums

Studio Case

hippieparadox

Finally got my 1990 LP Studio all finished, restored, and ready to go. Problem is, when I found her in the attic she was in a beat up old gig bag.

I seriously distrust gig bags and much prefer hard shell over them. However, as much searching as I've done I just can NOT come across any for a Studio. Everybody seems to have cases for all models of LP's EXCEPT Studios.

I want this baby to fit like a glove, not some generic universal case. I don't really care how much it costs.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Any case that fits a LP standard will fit a studio. My studio came with cheap gig bag and I bought a hard case the instant I bought the studio. Mine is SKB, I think it was like $85. Just look on ebay for Les Paul case and you should be able to find a good deal. If not, try local Guitar Ctr or craigslist.

And at $799.00 it's priced as low as possible for quick sale!! 8-[

After checking out the cases on the TKL web site and checking out some of the prices, I take the last comment back. I had no idea that some guitar cases cost in the $700-$900 range.

TKL does have a lot of cases at what I think are reasonable prices though. I may buy one from em for my strat. I was just shocked to see most deluxe hard shell cases go for $250-$350 and some are like I said above 700-900. I guess I need to get out more often!!

Archived