Gibson Brands Forums

The Man, The Myth, The Legend. John Denver

eightiesbaby80

As a singer/songwriter myself, I am always trying to learn from artists who have had great success and have a transcending longevity in the musical community. John Denver (R.I.P.) was one of those artists who still seems to keep capturing more and more audiences even though he has been apart from this world for some time. His views about the environment, politics and the innate intrinsic good that exists in all of humanity are so poignant and relevant to this day and age; especially with how things are going in the economy right now. If you’re an old or new John Denver fan, or even if you’ve just heard his name in passing, you should check out a new live release from him. “Around the World Live.” A must have for any collection. http://bit.ly/JDRockyLive I’d appreciate anyone’s thoughts as well

He was a very talented guy.

Same league as Barry Manilow in my opinion.

And the talents of both really did little to move me for the most part, despite some beautiful songs.

Aw, hell, Take Me Home, Country Roads is still a great tune!

[-(

He was a very talented guy.

Same league as Barry Manilow in my opinion.

And the talents of both really did little to move me for the most part' date=' despite some beautiful songs.

Aw, hell, [b']Take Me Home, Country Roads[/b] is still a great tune!

+:-@

True.

But he was a lousy pilot.

Archived