Gibson Brands Forums

Let's define "Mint"

Cruznolfart

From a frustrated CL shopper:

MINT Stratocaster. I know it is only a fender, but the Squire designation give it Class! I've only played it a few times, and loaned it out many times, but it is MINT! There is some rust on the springs on the bridge...You can't really see the crack in the pickguard(although the super-glue is visible), Peanut butter sticky fingers has very slightly discolored the back of the neck, but the finish is coming off anyway so no biggie, the frets are worn slightly, probably from where they rubbed against the luggage rack when I travelled with it, One knob is missing, but the post is loose enough that it turns just as easily, the input jack is a little loose, so the guitar cable makes it crackle and pop a bit when plugged in, The D string keeps breaking, but this string isn't needed on every chord anyway, and finally, there is a slight flat spot on the body where the strap button fell out, allowing the guitar to hit the floor, made a cool sound, but left a flat spot. Can't hardly see it. Like I said...MINT. This is a STEAL. You could buy a new one for less, but this one has character...and is...like I say...MINT!

Sorry, no pic of the actual guitar, but this one is similar, not the same color or model, but it is a guitar.

3nc3pb3l55Q45Pd5Rc9a7b0a9ff10841418cb.jpg

So how much are you planning on asking for her?

Would you take a white studio with gold hardware + 2 USA standard strats one black the other 2 tone sunburst for it?

It's not my ad...I'm not worthy of an bowdown_smilie.gif Esq. Strat.bowdown_smilie.gif But your offer sounds like a fair trade for this fine instrument.

There are some guys here in Portland that Police CL quite well. Makes em look like A$$es.

I just swapped guitars and Mine WAS Mint...He said his was too....Well not quite but it was still a good trade.

If it has even light buckle rash.....It ain't mint!!

If it's got a crack, scratch, scuff, cigarette burn, smells of cigarette smoke, whiskey, tarnished strings, dents, dings or evulsions, it ain't mint. Or if it's been played outside the original store's show room, it ain't mint.

Archived