Gibson Brands Forums

My New Marshall Amp

Larsson

Hello,

After a few months of looking on ebay for a Marshall valve head i came across a DSL50 for £300 i purchased this and am very happy,

i thought i would post a few pictures to show you guys, may do a video review and put on youtube at some point in the furture,

But the real challenge will be if it performs well at a few gigs ive got in the next few weeks.

But here are the pics of the amp and my guitar:

CIMG3102.jpg

CIMG3104.jpg

CIMG3096.jpg

no havent pushed it past 1 since i picked up just a few hours ago, so havent had a chance to push it past about 2 :S but tomorrow i think ill crank it up,

and yeh i play my sg alot, but in one of those pictures i hadent polished it for a while, and was meaning to give it a good clean and string change

cheers,

Larsson

Not bad. I actually got to play on a certain unnamed touring guitarist's ol' JCM 900 SLX a couple weeks ago and if you know how to dial 'em they sound awesome!

I was gonna' buy a Marshall Haze 112 combo for small gigs last week, but the ******bag employee at GC who told me to turn it down so his buddy could noodle around on some neo-shred BS at full-volume on a half-stack undisturbed. Not cool. Guess playing Angus and Kossoff licks is uncool. Needless to say, I will be buying elsewhere. But I digress...

I really liked the Haze (what little bit I was "allowed" to test it)...very good feeling amp. If I could get a 40-watt head version of that amp, that'd be the end-all for what I do.

Nice rig though, man. I beat around on a couple AVT-50 head/cab halfstacks that I get pretty good sound out of (I know, I know, hybrid??? Yes, it works great if you know how to set it!), you just can't beat a Marshall with the SG. They were made for one another. =P~

H-Bomb

thanks for all the great feedback guys,

im really happy with the amp my self any for £450 what more can i ask for.

i will get a chance to really test it out in the next few weeks since ive got a few gigs lined up,

and on the weekend im going to clean up my guitar properly ( change strings and clean the fret board as well)

Cheers,

Larsson

Archived