Gibson Brands Forums

My new 1992

gcp

Thank you for your kind words friends. I thought that 90, 91 and 92 model classics were very much sought after, why were they not liked? Any and all info on this guitar, (dos and dont's) will be greatly appreciated. I am new to LPs so I am in learning mode!

Thank you for your kind words friends. I thought that 90' date=' 91 and 92 model classics were very much sought after, why were they not liked? Any and all info on this guitar, (dos and dont's) will be greatly appreciated. I am new to LPs so I am in learning mode![/quote']

I believe it was because there were rumors that the early 90's Classics were not weight relieved, but it proved to be untrue. Regardless I think Classics are great, I changed the pickups ( one reason folks don't like them), and did a few other mods. It's a keeper for me!

It's gold front and back. Don't know why I like it, as flashy as it is, but I do like it very much. And if you think the guitar is flashy you should see the interior of the case....bright pink!! It's beyond me why they would brown the outside and pink the inside but that's Gibson I guess :-)

Archived