Gibson Brands Forums

What happened to the mighty Les Paul?!?!

Imying72

You say you played for 23 years, pllayed all manner of guitars... Never bought from a GC before to know about their CS?

Plus, if like some people, if you always wanted a Les Paul, and when you decided you were getting a Studio, you should have checked it on Gibson.com for the guitar, under specs, clearly stated, circuit boards...

If you prefer a traditional built lp that is...

No i think you guys scared him away!

or

a) he was trolling

#-o googled GC Customer Service and realized he didnt do his homework and got ripped the eff off

c) realized how dumb his post was because he didnt play the guitar beforehand or do his homework on gibson specs/warranty/etc

d) is cutting himself while posting on myspace how no one on the gibson forum understands

or

a) he was trolling

#-o googled GC Customer Service and realized he didnt do his homework and got ripped the eff off

c) realized how dumb his post was because he didnt play the guitar beforehand or do his homework on gibson specs/warranty/etc

d) is cutting himself while posting on myspace how no one on the gibson forum understands

Lol!!!!

Well i like my GC near me...but they know not to pull any of their bullshit on me or they will lose one the most ****ing loyals customs they got...i buy strings from them 99% of the time.

I don't understand this ???

"The stock pickup was putting out 16ohms early pauls are near 8ohms"

16ohms for me is way too high, like putting a dimarzio hot hot pickup in the Paul. For me the best tone is from the pickups on say a 1959 Les Paul or 1968. These pickups were tuned in around 8ohms. The higher the ohms the hotter the sound or distortion plus they'll be a bassy tone, no where near the highs of the oriiginal older Les Paul. You want the Jimmy Page tone get a Seth Lover Duncan. The rythum pickup on the Studio in fine and down around 8ohms.

All you have to do to test your pickups is connect the ohm reader to the other end of your guitar jack, switch pickups check them all.

1) you bought from GC....BIG mistake

2) you bought an extended warranty from GC...lmfao i cant believe anyone would fall for that

3) the last paragraph is so so dumb it makes makes my brain hurt. electronics on a guitar are supposed to be easy to modify' date=' switch, etc. how much would it suck if you had to send your guitar to gibson every time you wanted to change a pickup or a cap?

did you play this guitar first before buying it?[/quote']

also i read in guitarist mag today that guitar centre were being quizzed about aledged price fixing :-k

also i read in guitarist mag today that guitar centre were being quizzed about aledged price fixing :D

Why's everbody so buzzed about GC. My San Francisco based stores always deal with me. I'll usually name my price 33% off retail or what I think a used item is worth and they work with me. Like i bought a Heritage Strat type guitar for $600 when it was marked $900. I ended up moving that guitar for $800. Do it the New York way don't be afraid to ask for a percentage off. Do not pay listing prices.

Archived