Gibson Brands Forums

Broke A String Last Night.....

Murph

My SG has been a backup since Sept of '08 when I got my 339.

Last night, first set, (And I had just restrung Fri night, new set of Ernie Balls 10/46) I broke a string in a song I was singing, of course.....(couldn't have been someone elses song)

Managed to do the spare swap in a flurry of experianced genius, never missing a lick and was ready for the lead at the end of the song.

The ceremics in my old '79 are MUCH hotter than the 57's in the 339, so I pulled the Boogie down a touch.

I enjoyed playing the first set so much with this old friend, I restrung the 339 (in case anything else stupid happened) and played the SG the rest of the night.

Sheeze.......

Wonder what I'll play next weekend......

#-o

I was playing my old Black LP in the 80's doing a Prom and I broke the bottom E just before the reallllllly long leads in Freebird. Shortest version of Freebird ever.

I hear ya.

Always carry a spare. You can swap in "seconds" if you're also doing vocals.....

That's what gave me the old adrenaline rush, I had to hit standby, yank the cord, sing a line, take it off, sing a line, slap it on, sing a line, bend down for cord, sing a line, flip standby, and play some lead.......

Gets the ticker, tickin'............

:-

Archived