Gibson Brands Forums

I can only sound good...

Wally Walrus

I mean...

I own Fender, PRS, Custom Shop Gibson, Boutique, Fender and Orange amps, Marshall cabinet, Zvex box of rock, Fulltone OCD and all sorts of toneproof gear.

I always try to get my hands on the best gear available to me. But if I'm not in the right mood to play whatever I'm about to play, I only hear crap coming out of the speakers.

It takes me back to that old rig/player/tone discussion.

Kinda sad.

Well, I'm not to sure I interpreted this correctly.

When I'm in a piss mood, I go bang strings and sound like crap. BUT, I don't care.

When my heart is in its place (for love, mood, stress, etc) I play softer, but also more feeling oriented.

If were not talking about guitars, I cannot put much input in. If my heart isn't in the right place, I don't make others around me aware of this.

I make sure anyone with me has the up most respect, and care. So, in others respect, my heart is always in the right place for them.

Wow, that was a good topic choice Wally.

Yep. I imagine it's that way for everyone. Some days, nights, rehearsals, gigs, etc it just ain't happening. It feels like a wrestling match with the strings. Other times it's like magical autopilot. That's the way it goes.

Yep. I imagine it's that way for everyone. Some days' date=' nights, rehearsals, gigs, etc it just ain't happening. It feels like a wrestling match with the strings. Other times it's like magical autopilot. That's the way it goes. [/quote']

Exactly how I feel. Well stated!

I this this happens in most aspects of our life. Some days I come into work and I'm off and rolling, other days I stare at the wall. Saturday I picked up my guitar to work on a new song and I just couldn't get it together. Sunday I picked it up and nailed it.

Archived