Gibson Brands Forums

Occasionally you get lucky...

surfpup

...on Craigslist.

I didn't buy anything. However, about two months ago I answered an ad in my local Craigslist for a blues/rock guitar player. Turns out the bass player and drummer who placed the ad are both very talented musicians, have no bad habits (they don't even drink) and are genuinely nice guys. Talk about luck!

We have rehearsed 7 or 8 times and have 20 or so songs sounding really good - Cream, Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, SRV, etc. There have been no issues or power struggles - just good music making. I've been pinching myself for a while now, thinking it can't be going this well and that something has to screw this up but... knock wood... it hasn't.

So hats off to the peeps at Craigslist... I owe you one!

This just in to the news desk,

Police are investigating a craigslist Musician Stalker/Slasher/Killer preying on unsuspecting musicians in the St. Augustine, Florida area.

Authorities are warning the public and cautioning musicians from answering Craigslist Musician-Wanted advertisements after several musicians have been murdered and their gear stolen.

Police say there are no suspects at this time.

. let's hear you guys when you get something recorded that you think is worth hearing!

That shouldn't be a problem. The bass player records all our rehearsals for later analysis! (I tell you these guys are beyond professional).

Archived