Gibson Brands Forums

3 Slope clips Kopp K35, Walker Wise River and 56 J 45 ????

suburude63

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Gibson

2. Walker

3. Kopp

Don't know if I'm right or not' date=' but for whatever reason, the 1st and 2nd clips sound thin, (I'm listening through the good monitors in my home studio). Were they miked exactly the same way?[/quote']

They were miked the same way. But I used and Olympus L10 recorder. Nothing fancy!

Very fun! I don't know Kopp or Walker so really can't speak to those at all. But my guess is that the first one is the 56 Gibson. It sounds very mid-rangey to me. It's so hard to tell tho' because depending on what notes you emphasized...... it was tricking my ear I think. I want to know what the last one was.

Very fun! I don't know Kopp or Walker so really can't speak to those at all. But my guess is that the first one is the 56 Gibson. It sounds very mid-rangey to me. It's so hard to tell tho' because depending on what notes you emphasized...... it was tricking my ear I think. I want to know what the last one was.

GG You are going to have to wait till tomorrow [thumbup] on the answers :-k BTW did you mail the CD ?

A great description from the UOMF [confused]

"Few new guitars made by anyone can touch it you are a vintage Gibson lover. It is nothing like new Gibsons in that it's light, resonant, loud and with a very nice, focused bass, but it still has the woody, mellow voice and great dynamics of the prewar Gibson sloped D's. The best description of it's voice was from Marty Reynolds, our in-house luthier and Zen master of guitars who said, "It's what the old pre-war Gibsons probably sounded like when they were new". In addition, its short scale length results in a loose, high performance, silky feel that makes you want to fly around on the fretboard. We couldn't be more pumped up about these guitars because they are one of the few sloped D's that has that untouchable pre-war Gibson-like sound. Walkers have a more crisp and brighter voice with greater cut-through when playing with other instruments as compared to other great maker making Gibson style instruments, Kevin Kopp. Its all about the mids in this instrument and all about the bass and low mids with the Kopp."

Archived