Gibson Brands Forums

What model is this???

kazzelectro

Hello

Thanks for your reply. The neck has been replaced with a strat neck. The pickguard reminds me of a Marauder a bit...but the pickup is a vintage single coil that is supposed to be original. No markings on it at all.

Thanks again...will take a look at Melody Makers.

Kazz

Hello

Thanks for your reply. The neck has been replaced with a strat neck. The pickguard reminds me of a Marauder a bit...but the pickup is a vintage single coil that is supposed to be original. No markings on it at all.

Thanks again...will take a look at Melody Makers.

Kazz

Wait, a Strat neck should not fit on a Gibson. The scale lengths are different. It might be a Kalamazoo brand. AFAIK this was a sub company of Gibson based out of their old Kalamazoo, MI* plant.

*my home state

I might be waaaaay off here, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the guitar looks like it was something like a Strat at one time. -Maybe somebody cut the body down to resemble an SG? The reason I say that is if you look at the horns, they are more offset than on a SG. Also, you mentioned it has a Fender neck, so that is why I'm guessing it used to be a Strat or something. It's a pretty cool looking guitar regardless. You should put up some more photos of it if you get a chance.

*Edit* Also, the input jack is in the same place as it would be on a Stratocaster.

Actually, I just did a little poking around on the net.

What you have is a mid-sixties Hagstrom (similar to a Hagstrom II or an F-100/F-200).

This one has different pickups, but the exact same pickguard (right down to the position of the screws) and even the input jack is in the same spot.

andcase.jpg

Judging by the condition, I hope you didn't pay more than 100 bucks.

It's DEFINITELY a Hagstrom. Had many back in the day.It was made in Sweden,& It was the BEST inexpensive guitar you could buy--neck & action you wouldn't believe,and great sound. Slide pickup switches that always went bad & had to be replaced. Came in red,white,blue,black,& sunburst,and with 2 or 3 pickups. They're making them again, but they're Chinese junk with the Hagstrom name on them.

Archived