Gibson Brands Forums

So Close, Yet So Far!

rockstar232007

Ever since the first time I heard/saw Peter Frampton (when I was 5), I wanted his guitar (his LP custom). Well I actually had the chance to purchase one used from GC for $2,699.99, but couldn't come up with the cash in time!#-o

I'm so friggin' bumed right now! You guys have NO idea. I've wanted this guitar my WHOLE life...well at least since 5 (24 years), and when the chance finally comes, POOF! it's GONE![cool]

This was a once in a lifetime deal (the guitar was practically new), and when I talked to the guy at GC, he kind of (unwittingly) "rubbed salt in the wound" by telling me "these guitars are hard to find". Well I guess I'll just have to save for a regular LP Custom.O:)

And what was so special about this custom at GC?

Was it a signature custom or a normal custom?

Yes' date=' it was a Peter Frampton Signature LP Custom, which are $4,699.99 new.

[img']http://www.sohoblues.com/RockandRollRevue/previewpages/preview20.jpg[/img]

And I could have had it for a mere $2,699.99! That's cheaper than most Standards!

Ever since the first time I heard/saw Peter Frampton (when I was 5)' date=' I wanted his guitar (his LP custom). Well I actually had the chance to purchase one used from GC for $2,699.99, but couldn't come up with the cash in time!#-o

I'm so friggin' bumed right now! You guys have NO idea. I've wanted this guitar my WHOLE life...well at least since 5 (24 years), and when the chance finally comes, POOF! it's GONE![omg

This was a once in a lifetime deal (the guitar was practically new), and when I talked to the guy at GC, he kind of (unwittingly) "rubbed salt in the wound" by telling me "these guitars are hard to find". Well I guess I'll just have to save for a regular LP Custom.[sad]

Totally there with you mate.

Ever since I saw Ace Frehley & Frampton's 3 pup black custom 30+ years ago,I knew that 1 day I too would have one. One day....:-

I actually came across some info last night though that Ace's middle pup was a dummy.Just the surround and the top bobbins,not even a route hole.I knew he only ever had the bridge pup wired up,but that was something that I never knew or expected![-(

rockstar' date=' don't worry...check eBay & the two Les Paul forum's classifieds sections. I'm sure another one will turn up sooner or later. [/quote']

+1

Check ebay everyday... There were lots of those made, I'm sure you will see them come up on ebay every now and then...

Ouch! Losing that one most certainly must hurt [biggrin]
I'm dealing' date=' but I've got my eye on a 1960 Classic GT, that a guy who lives close to me is selling for $1,400, so that should help a little. And if worse comes to best, and I do see another one, I can just flip-out the Classic and get it anyway. So it's ALL good![biggrin']

rockstar' date=' don't worry...check eBay & the two Les Paul forum's classifieds sections. I'm sure another one will turn up sooner or later. [/quote']I actually got the link to it at the GC Akron site from a guy at the MLP forum.[biggrin]

Just wish it could have been sooner!#-o j/k I'm OK now, as I said, I might be getting a 60 Classic so I should be good for awhile.

Archived