Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Vs Custom Shop

galaxy

What is the difference between a Gibson Les Paul Custom and a Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Edition? There seems to be a major price difference but I'm not a guitarist so I need expert help on which one to aim for.

A LP Custom is a Les Paul with the most deluxe level of appointments' date=' like multiple binding and inlays before the first fret.

Custom Shop means it's made in the Custom Shop part of the factory, some times in limited runs. Maybe you're thinking of a Custom Shop Limited Edition?

[biggrin

OK advert is entitled~ It's a 100% ORIGINAL GENUINE CUSTOM SHOP EDITION LES PAUL in very rare PURPLEBURST with PAF Humbuckers.

Now my husband had a Les Paul Custom in Wine Red many years ago before The Muppet sold it and has kicked himself ever since. This guitar is a reasonable price (£600,00) - I think - but because of that I am wondering what is wrong with it. The serial number is 80095526 which the seller says shows it was the 26th guitar produced in Nashville on Jan 9th 1985. It doesn't have the white edging that his original guitar had, which made me write this query. I can't ask The Muppet because I will buy it as a Christmas Present if its worth getting. Please help!

Archived