Gibson Brands Forums

How does Ebay do this?

saturn

I've noticed this before, but this just happened and it makes me go, hmmm :-k

OK, I wanted to respond to that other guys thread regarding the "vox 50v" amp. So I go to another Tab and Google "Vox 50v" Of course all the results show Vox 50vt or AD-50VT. I clicked on one result, I think it was a link to ZZounds? Anyway, later when I visit Ebay, I get a "Recommendations based on the item you viewed" and a bunch of results for ATA case for Vox Valvtronix AD50VT ampifiers.

I never even clicked onto an Ebay search result, and never looked at ATA cases, but somehow Ebay knew I did a Google search for Vox AD50VT amps :-k

I feel like I'm being spied on by Ebay :-k

Oh... I doubt they are reading any information out of a cookie. I highly doubt that google stores your entire search history in a cookie. If anything, they probably store a key in the cookie that they use to look up your information in a database on their servers. I would think they want to keep all your search history on their end for demographics.

However... you never really know Tin_foil_hat___Updated_by_Mirz123.gif

Try the free Ad-Aware program. Go to downloads.com and get it. Then you will see who is doing what with cookies. It will surprise you. Spyware Doctor is another good program to use for the same purpose. Get it at downloads.com for free as well. I use them both.

Archived