Gibson Brands Forums

Just what the gigging pro needs!

Cruznolfart

It's more than I'm willing to spend on a strap' date=' but they do look very nice. I suppose if you're going to drop $$$$ for a AAAAA flame top, you might as well get a really nice sweet to go with it.

http://www.moodyleather.com/ [/quote']

I s'pose you're right, Rich, but I thought I had been extravagant when I paid about $50.00 for my Franklin bass strap. I honestly had no idea you could drop several hundred bucks on one. Don't have to look far to find someone who'll sell you one, either. ;)

I s'pose you're right' date=' Rich, but I thought I had been extravagant when I paid about $50.00 for my Franklin bass strap. I honestly had no idea you could drop several hundred bucks on one. Don't have to look far to find someone who'll sell you one, either. ;)

It's a lot of money, especially if you're the type who's gonna sweat all over it (like me). But, like anything else, it depends on your means what you like to spend your money on.

;) Wow and I thought $50 was too much for a strap. No thanks. I say to Moody Leather: "Take your $150 leather strap and shove it you know where."

Here's a lady who'll build you a strap for 3 or 4 hundred bucks...if she likes your design. Or you can buy one of hers for...well' date=' for 3 or 4 hundred bucks!

http://www.pccord.com/deluxe_guitar_straps.htm

Pick a strap, click its picture, scroll down to the price in AUD, find the conversion rate button, click it and blow your mind. LOL! [lol

that strap is merely a fraction of what they wanna charge for this one...

http://www.libertybootco.com/liberty-ads.aspx

the strap ALONE is $600!

but it just looks soo freaking cool!

Yeah, I saw that not long ago. Very cool strap...but 6 bills...yikes! I've paid less for a good playing guitar. ;) Thanks for the link.

Who the he!! is this aimed at?! Does anyone know anyone who would drop this kinda coin on a STRAP?! C'mon...

You can even finance the thing. Yippee!

572395.jpg

When I was looking for a strap for my DIL's guitar' date=' (Christmas gift), I found the PERFECT one. Jimmy Buffet uses it...but it turned out to be $350..the freakin' guitar only cost me $300!

I bought her a nice Couch Strap, it was $35 I think....(which is STILL too damn much!)

[img']http://www.couchguitarstraps.com/bmz_cache/7/7200ac01162260cf10006a4786090cd1.image.434x550.JPG[/img]

That's like the people who put super sound systems and DVD players in a junkie old car that has over 130K miles and barely runs. The point being it is a little too excessive. Although I'm sure these are aimed at a certain demographic.

Sure, if we're talking about cheapo guitars and high-ticket straps, it seems excessive (although who's to say?). OTOH, as Rich points out, if the axe is worth a few thou, it's not a bad investment in its security as well as the aesthetics to spend more on a nicer rig.

When I was looking for a strap for my DIL's guitar' date=' (Christmas gift), I found the PERFECT one. Jimmy Buffet uses it...but it turned out to be $350..the freakin' guitar only cost me $300!

I bought her a nice Couch Strap, it was $35 I think....(which is STILL too damn much!)

[img']http://www.couchguitarstraps.com/bmz_cache/7/7200ac01162260cf10006a4786090cd1.image.434x550.JPG[/img]

LOL! Rob, those are some beautiful guitars you got those kids. But I understand your point. Reminds me of my old Framus I bought in the PX in '69 for $50.00. I bought a case for it in 1998...for $75.00. What're you gonna do? ;)

Yeah? Well...take some pics when it gets there. ;)

Yeah... Methinx I'm gonna scratch the $400 strap!!

I don't even HAVE a strap for my DIF... but then, there's no strap pin on the neck...and I'm afraid a shirt button will scratch the back anyway!

So I just sit and play it...in sweat clothes!!

Yeah... Methinx I'm gonna scratch the $400 strap!!

I don't even HAVE a strap for my DIF... but then' date=' there's no strap pin on the neck...and I'm afraid a shirt button will scratch the back anyway!

So I just sit and play it...in sweat clothes!![/quote']

Sweats, eh? A body-sock. lol

Getcha one of these if you wanna strap up. I'd say keep the sweats on, though.

407994.jpg

I'll 'fess up to owning several, including a couple of the vintage model that she doesn't sell anymore (listed for about $100 I think). Absolutely the most comfortable straps I've ever owned. I figured out I spent more on cheap straps trying to find ones that were comfortable than I've spent on the Moodys I have.

I'll 'fess up to owning several' date=' including a couple of the vintage model that she doesn't sell anymore (listed for about $100 I think). Absolutely the most comfortable straps I've ever owned. I figured out I spent more on cheap straps trying to find ones that were comfortable than I've spent on the Moodys I have. [/quote']

Well that's a valid enough observation from one who should know. Thanks for the comment.

Yeah...if I ever work up the "boughs" to to stand and play it' date=' I will have to do that!![/quote']

Rob, in all fairness, in spite of having the loop on my Songwriter, I put a strap on it only one time. It's my sit-down guitar, like your DIF. And it's as pristine as the day I got it, too.

Songwriter02.jpg

Archived