Gibson Brands Forums

Michael Jackson the legend

NeoLibMan

How in the hell did you know I was referring to you if you were not trolling A$$hole.

It's all you ever do when you come in here' date=' is attempt to start trouble. I can not stand people like you and I'm willing to bet you don't have many friends because you are a miserable slob and a cry baby. I'm willing to bet you are going to have a very lonely holiday season. Grow up, get a life and become a productive human being instead of trolling the internet for conflicts.

I'm taking the ban for this one and I'm gone for good from this site. There is too many cry babies, bullies, and arm chair politicians.

The best of luck to the decent folks that come here to chat music and guitars. [/quote']

I find you comments insulting considering the thread was a good natured thing about a guy who entertained millions. You call me a troll every time I post anywhere and I think it is you who is the bully. I have said absolutely nothing to give anyone that impression. If you wish to take out your personal beefs with me then to it in PM. You frankly have wasted more then enough of my time on you.

If you think I have been out of line report them to the MODs otherwise keep your holiday cheer to yourself or in a private PM.

And don't forget that Pete Townsend was "doing research" for a book...funny..... I've not yet seen his book!!

my sentiments exactly Dan!

Re-Michael' date=' yes I agree; a hugely talented man and I think possibly one of the greatest pop music entertainers. [biggrin

I also agree with Izzy, in that he did bring a spot light to the guitar. I like the way he used the rock guitar sound in a dance music idiom[cool]

I have taught kids and am teaching kids that came to the electric guitar through Michael's music. Not my taste sure, but not my business what moves someone else.

Matt

I was a fan of the Jackson 5 when I was a kid. I liked Michael's work on into his solo career. I think he is, perhaps, underrated in some areas, though, and maybe overrated in some as well.

I also truly believe he was one odd bananna. But, I didn't live his life or get confronted by the things he had to deal with. I didn't know him, so I can't say what his coping skills were. He WAS a huge celebrity, and I'd say he was certainly one of the greatest celebrities of all time. I mean... this guy was ALWAYS good for some front page stuff. Don't they say "even if they're talking bad about you, at least they're talking about you."?

Was he a perv? I dunno... I'm on the fence. On the one hand, I kinda think that he sure makes an easy target for the folks who don't mind trading some integrity for cash. Let Johnny spend the night and sue. On the other hand, I think "where there's smoke, there's fire".

I'm not sure I want to know what's there when there's "Jesus Juice".

I know there is no way any of my kids would have been allowed to go...

... and that's all I got to say about that.

[biggrin]

And don't forget that Pete Townsend was "doing research" for a book...funny..... I've not yet seen his book!!

Strangely enough I do believe Pete Townshend' date=' and here's why;

He, as a child, had been abused and had specifically written in a part of 'Tommy' from an autobiographical point-of-view; highlighting child-abuse from the character known as 'Uncle Ernie', who loved to "Fiddle-about, Fiddle-about, Fiddle-about".

Townshend himself went to the U.K. police [u']long before[/u] there was any police investigation into the paediophilia network, to tell them which sites he had visited as he was going to use a 'Then and Now' comparison to see if child-abuse had changed much over the last forty years.

There was no media witch-hunt at the time he told the police what he was doing; he told them as he was going along so that, were there to be any questions raised as to his motives, they would already be declared and in the open.

I don't believe he was laying down all that as a smokescreen.

Strangely enough I do believe Pete Townshend' date=' and here's why;

He, as a child, had been abused and had specifically written in a part of 'Tommy' from an autobiographical point-of-view; highlighting child-abuse from the character known as 'Uncle Ernie', who loved to "Fiddle-about, Fiddle-about, Fiddle-about".

Townshend himself went to the U.K. police [u']long before[/u] there was any police investigation into the paediophilia network, to tell them which sites he had visited as he was going to use a 'Then and Now' comparison to see if child-abuse had changed much over the last forty years.

There was no media witch-hunt at the time he told the police what he was doing; he told them as he was going along so that, were there to be any questions raised as to his motives, they would already be declared and in the open.

I don't believe he was laying down all that as a smokescreen.

Articulated better than I could have.

I believe Pete too. Same reasons.

Archived