Gibson Brands Forums

The Rev is Dead

Fixed!

I'm almost 48' date=' and I knew who "The Rev" was.

Np. Always glad to help!!

Have a nice day.[/quote']

congratulations on being hip and cool. but it still remains that most (adult) people on a gibson forum will think zz top before avenged sevenfold when you say "the rev".... just like they did on the similar thread(s) on certain Les Paul forums.

congratulations on being hip and cool. but it still remains that some adult people on a gibson forum will think zz top before avenged sevenfold when you say "the rev"....

Fixed again!

(by my count on this thread 6 knew who it was' date=' 3 didn't, one thought it was a revolution [biggrin )

Glad to help you, sir, and I appreciate the "hip" compliment, but really... any musician who has been out of pocket for a while would scope out what was currently popular before jumping back in, methinks.

I'd love to carry on this excruciatingly entertaining dialogue, but unfortunately I have some other pressing matters to attend to. I do so hope you have a LOVELY evening!

Obviously this style of music ain't my schtick, but...

Let's assume a "best case scenario" and the warning it offers all of us. I lost more than a few band buds over the years to "natural causes." It's ain't necessarily musician-speak for using illegal or improperly prescribed drugs, either.

In one case, the "kid" roughly my age, was gone somewhere around 30 because he wasn't taking stuff for various ills that he should have. Thought he was indestructible.

That, I think, seems to be a common problem for so many musicians I've known through the years, whether full pro or part time gig pickers.

The warning is that either I'm so old that it's natural to have lost so many pickin' friends due to horrid natural genetic weaknesses, or that "we" have an indestructibility complex. I think it's the latter.

We tell our tales of driving gig to gig through blizzards, two or three days of nonstop-nonsleep drives... even without the partying, it's not always an easy life and we - definitely me included - tend to brag on it rather than consider the physical damage potential.

Just... somethin' to think about. It ain't crazy rock and drugs and booze and parties, it's the day to day mistreatment we sometimes do to ourselves in perfectly legal and even perfectly moral ways by most criteria.

m

JP' date=' a man is dead. I don't care who you assumed this thread was about. The Rev was the name that Jimmy Sullivan chose. This is a thread about him.

The misunderstanding was cleared up the second you clicked on this thread, so stop complaining.[/quote']

#-o Owned. [cool]

maybe' date=' but its a lot of fun to get CoC REV'd up. get it?

and i wasnt really complaining, only making a simple observation and [b']Chodeman[/b] decided to argue a point. i will admit, better this Rev than the other one. Callous i know, but still true.

[biggrin]

Think he means me?

I missed the argument... I thought I was more than polite...

:-

These crazy kids /chuckle....

and i wasnt really complaining, only making a simple observation and Chodeman decided to argue a point. i will admit, better this Rev than the other one. Callous i know, but still true. [/quote']

NASTY[glare]

Something wicked this way comes...fer you methinks mate[laugh]

and i wasnt really complaining, only making a simple observation and Chodeman decided to argue a point. i will admit, better this Rev than the other one. Callous i know, but still true. [/quote']

Pretty low, man...

I've been holding my fire on this thread, because I knew someone would come along and make things a bit more complicated.

All I can say is that The Rev was one hell of a drummer (IMO,) it's very sad that he's gone, and it's a real shame to see someone die that young.

Archived