Gibson Brands Forums

Video from Christmas gig

Witmer

This particular assemblage of people has never done a gig together before, the friend who did the taping has never filmed one before, and I've never compiled a movie before.

Those disclaimers aside, let the comments fly. We're all friends here, and I'd like your input on whatever...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBdOZiHgmqo[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for all the compliments on the LP - I love my studio.

Thunder - that's more a compliment to my movie editing than our show... we were glued to those music stands you see there for the entire 40 minute set, having only rehearsed once. So it sounded okay, but man did we look boring...

Also, the very last note of the very last riff of the song, before we ended on chords... yeah, I missed that note so bad that traffic driving by swerved. O:) It was so bad I couldn't bear to leave it in, and copied and pasted it from the previous time through. +:-@

It was great fun, though. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

This particular assemblage of people has never done a gig together before' date=' the friend who did the taping has never filmed one before, and I've never compiled a movie before.

Those disclaimers aside, let the comments fly. We're all friends here, and I'd like your input on whatever...

[/quote']

I liked it very much.... live music is....well, it's "magic"! Maybe that's why "musician" sounds so much like "magician".

Looks like a hair cut place.... we have something like that in town called "Victoria's Hair On Stage". Maybe I'll go ask them if I could do a set there sometime!

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Thanks guys. Yeah, Danvil, it is a hair place - they only have shows in there about once a year. But if I inspired you to play out somewhere new, that's awesome.

I wondered if anyone would dislike my tone... as a concession to the very small space - in the interest of having a mix that wasn't pure mud - I used an amp model in my GT-6 instead of a real amp. No tubes were used in the making of this song... we also restricted our drummer to a splash cymbal instead of a crash, because of the rapid decay the smaller cymal has. She was a good sport about it....

Anyway, thanks again for all the nice comments.

say what?? #-o

no evil intent[biggrin] My fault for not explaining myself. I copy and pasted your myspace link because I have no idea how to post a youtube post; well I do...but I forget every time and copy someone elses youtube link and then put my link in the space.

Anyway my mind was thinking of a thousand things and after borrowing the link accidentally ended up here.

Does that make sense?

Matt

Archived