Gibson Brands Forums

update on why I haven't been around

swleary

Granted, I don't know 1% of the full story here but if she says Facebook has to go, to me that means - she either feels you're not spending enough time with her (and the kids), or she feels you may be using Facebook to meet other chicks...or chicks from your past.

My past is the past. Was I trying to meet women on the net? heck no. That's just stupid for me to do. Causes a lot more problems. Female friends ....yes but if they crossed the line and didn't respect my marital status than they got deleted. I always made sure she had every password to facebook. gibson forums and mylespaul forums. Oh must not forget that she always had my email passwords. I however was not privileged to her passwords,not sure why.

I was on the net when she was on Facebook. Rarely went on during the day when she wasn't home.I never deleted the history either. I was an open book.

Her ex husband privileged me to some valuable information a few months back. Nothing is ever good enough for her because in his words ,she just might have a few screws loose. His words, not mine. SO this is what I've had to deal with for the past two years.

Well quick update time. Got the rest of my stuff out of her place and into mine. Nothing was broken or missing. Changed my work area to do the city I'm in and plus to do the other areas I was doing. This may just be a blessing in disguise .Now If Are NINE would just let me come over for supper and touch his guitars....life would be sweet lol

$3' date='100 is not all that much compared to splitting everything 50/50 after a few years of marriage.

settlement was 400k

married 3 years and she quit her job [/quote']

If'n all it costs you is $2100 and a one-K sewing machine' date=' man you got off lightly.

the lawyers took me to the cleaners.

Both times we owned property, both times I ended up not doing so.[/quote']

Been there, done that.

Ten years after it was all over I'm still trying to recover financially.

Mid 40's now, realizing how few years we really have for good earning power.

My commercial property was paid off and providing an income, my house would have been paid off by now.

Had a FAT retirement that was split, then split again - then I had to pay a fortune in taxes on it.

Went from three trucks paid for, and money in the bank, to living in the only truck I had left - and bankruptcy.

Kids under somebody else's roof.

Dabbled in a few relationships and decided that ALL women are fxcking nuts.

NEVER getting married again!

Then I met Mrs. Neo.

Didn't think it was possible....

I'm happy. You will be too.

Cut your losses on this one.

She's not able or willing to communicate with you in good faith.

She's witholding info - or outright lying to you.

Maybe she really has no clue what she wants, either with you or without you.

A little neurotic maybe?

Let her figure all that sh!t out on her own.

Nothing you can do to help her.

Here's to a New Year full of possibilities!

Live well, and prosper.

Thanks NeoconMan, that was a good read. Maybe I'll meet someone when my heart gets back to itself and mends. Maybe I can find someone that wants me for me and not what I can give them. That would be sweet. Maybe she'll own a Gibson :-$

Hey I wonder if Are NINE's wife has a sister #-o

Hey, hope something in this thread clicks with your situation and gives you something you can use.

Honestly, the best advice I ever got in all my stuff was from my Mom.

Considering how badly she cleaned my Dad out when I was 3 years old, she knows what she's talking about....

She said that it was time for me to be the selfish *** hole I was accused of being.

Giving, giving, giving and then giving some more landed me where you are now.

Live for YOU.

You say money is an issue.

Living in an area that doesn't help your work commute.

Diabetes?

Sounds like it's time to put all that effort and energy into yourself.

Lose weight if you need to.

Eat cheap, but healthy as you can.

Pinch every penny until it screams.

Find the cheapest nice place to live.

Make sure your car/truck is in good repair so it's dependable.

Sort thru all the stuff you just moved to find what you lost and get rid of what you don't need.

Focus on getting the stuff done that we never do.

Get your own sh!t together, and keep it together.

You won't need to go on the hunt for somebody to share your life with, they'll find you if you're living right.

Don't rule out going to a few different churches, even if you're really not into it.

Just visit and check 'em out.

Some good moral women there, mixed in among the pretenders and hypocrites.

Seriously.

And you might hear something that makes you think of your life in a different way.

Perspective is everything.

Play the hell out of your Les Paul for therapy.

Well, if you can that is....

When the wheels came off my buggy, I was too emotionally distracted.

Didn't play for several months - it just wasn't in me.

When I finally got the urge again, it was very fruitful. I learned tons of new songs in just a few weeks.

Good luck to ya Man!

Thank you for the kind words. I've already got a nice place with a 2 storage rooms,fireplace, a big living room, nice bathroom, bar and a nice size laundry room. Guess how much it's costing me? $0 lol. My parents have an in law suite in their basement and never rented it out. I don't see them much because they do their own things so I get the space I need.

I'm a firm believer that everything will be ok and I'll get through this probably better than I was. Now going to church might be a good thing. I haven't been there in a while and the minister is great. He drinks and smokes lol. Might just go check that out.

wow... that really sucks... i feel bad.... i recently went through a bad breakup myself.... it obviously wasnt as serious as yours cuz i wasnt engaged but we had been dating for almost 1 and a half years...

but hey, shes gotta be a total b!tch to tell a nice guy like you to pack up and leave.... so she ain't worth your time. there's plenty of other women out there that wont take advantage of you like she did [biggrin]

just keep your head up. everything's gonna be alright.... trust me [blush]

Archived