Gibson Brands Forums

My wife's cousins, son's band...

saturn

I'll try to condense this story. #-o

My wifes uncle died last week and we went to the funeral on Saturday. All the relatives there were from her dads side and most of them I have only met a few times over the years. One of my wifes cousins kids, I remember meeting when he was very young, but he is now about 20 or so. As we were getting ready to leave I heard my wife say "oh, Jay plays guitar too, he'll be interested". So Tom (his name) shows me his room and has two nice Martins and we do a little playing and jamming together. But we're about to leave and so real fast he lets me listen to his bands EP. I was very impressed. Very modern rock sound and very professional. Not like some basement tape. I asked him to send me a link to the bands page. He's playing guitar and vocals and maybe even drums on some songs.

Check them out.

It's good to know there's still some young, local talent. I hope to see them play some time.

For some reason, they kinda remind me of Blink 182. But the songs are really good IMO. Most of the time, when I hear local band's original music, it sounds amature and a little cheesy, but not these songs. It sounds as good as any new music I hear on the radio.

For some reason' date=' they kinda remind me of Blink 182. But the songs are really good IMO. Most of the time, when I hear local band's original music, it sounds amature and a little cheesy, but not these songs. It sounds as good as any new music I hear on the radio. [/quote']

+1

How long they been playing together. They sound tight. Not my style of music, but all the same they sounded great.

Archived