Gibson Brands Forums

Music Rising Les Paul

Cruznolfart

Douglasville is about 50 miles from me, guess I have to go take a real vs. virtual tour. That 59 reissue was just too much for me. I pray that I never stumble across a tea burst. 29 years of marriage down the tubes... did I say tubes? Yea, I guess a true tube amp would have to be an accompanying item...but then she would probably get the marshal after me...did I say Marshal? the cards are stacked against me....did I say Stack? Marshal Stack! That would be the ticket! Did I say ticket? ya bet yer ars I did... I would need a winning lottery ticket.

My how my mind travels when I am tired. Did I say Tired? Yep, gotta get ready for bed with this guitar in my head, and do some serious dreamin...more like a wet dream. Naw... a number "9" dream...

Thanks (I think) Cruzn...for the post. I am off the next two days, may just have to wander over there for a sneak peek.

I got one when they did the original auction great charity that helped replace instruments lost in the Katrina Hurricane and flooding. The guitars were sold with each store getting one and only one there were 200 total if I recall. The wood on the pick guard and TRC is a actually wood recovered from the flooding. The poster they used to advertise them was also great looking had a old National Resonator covered with flood water and plants etc.

The only thing that is weird on them is they used a thick red wax like used for sealing letters to distress the finish and the wax makes it kinda rough to play.

A few years back when I first posted pics here people called the finish Puke which isn't half as pretty of a name as Mardi-Gra which is what Gibson called the finish.

IMG_1739.jpg

Katrinabigfront.jpg

I am with you - Mardi Gra is much better. Maybe the wax was in case another Katrina, Heaven forbid, comes again. One of my best friends is in Gulf Shores. He is one mile off the beach but 500 ft. off a canal that connects to a lagoon. His house flooded up to the last stair going up to the second floor, entire first floor was underwater. You did a great thing for a great cause. *tips hat

Archived