Gibson Brands Forums

I´m getting my 339 Monday!!

daveinspain

Hey thanks for posting that pic... I've been on the phone with DHL today, looks like my 339 is hung up in customs... If I'm lucky they will let me go pick up the guitar myself today or else I'll have to wait another day for them to deliver it tomorrow.

Telecaster, congrats on the antique red!! I liked that color too but I have been wanting a vintage burst ( tabaco ) for a long time... Let us know your impressions about the guitar...

I liked that color too but I have been wanting a vintage burst ( tabaco ) for a long time.

By the way, no matter how I photograph it, it always has a very pronounced red in the sunburst that you don't really see in real life. It looks more like a 2 color sunburst in person.

By the way' date=' no matter how I photograph it, it always has a very pronounced red in the sunburst that you don't really see in real life. It looks more like a 2 color sunburst in person.[/quote']

Maybe we need a different thread for 'tips on getting the best photos of your guitar'!!

My (limited) experience of photography has lead me to think that most accurate results come from taking a shot outside, using no flash and only natural light, on an overcast day. Have you tried that?

My (limited) experience of photography has lead me to think that most accurate results come from taking a shot outside' date=' using no flash and only natural light, on an overcast day. Have you tried that?[/quote']

I took this just over three weeks ago, so ummmm...

no.

snojoke.jpg

I love the guitar... Took a little getting used to the neck but feels great now.... Unplugged sounds great, You´ll need to hear from someone who plays out for an idea of the amped sound... Sounds great in my studio though... The back is beautiful as well, its got the same heritage burst... Back of the neck at the heel is dark then fades out to natural wood... REAL NICE!!!! I´ll post more pics soon...

Archived