Gibson Brands Forums

Thrash Metal thread.

dem00n

Alright in this thread post videos of ur fav thrash metal bands minus the Top 4 of thrash (Metallica, Slayer, megadeth, anthrax)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecv0BVaWqBM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi50EXlDqGE&feature=PlayList&p=A8060D536A114FF9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIM8t3npOEY[/YOUTUBE]

So many more but thats all ima post for now.

I have Sodom' date=' Kreator and Destruction records on vinyl.

You should have started with Motorhead.[/quote']

I alway forget Motorhead. :-k

My god all of them on vinyl...?

Im jealous, i only got Agent Orange on vinyl!

I'd play along but I'm no good at classifying metal bands when there's like 50 categories. I know what I like and what I don't like and I don't know where any of them fit.

I dont belive the 50 **** either thougt i belive these are the main genres.

Avant-garde metal • black metal • classic metal • death metal • doom metal • glam metal • gothic metal • groove metal • power metal • progressive metal • speed metal • stoner rock • symphonic metal • thrash metal • viking metal

Ugh... I saw Agent Orange live once. They sucked live!

The rest of the show was cool though. The Adicts' date=' D.I., the Diffs. [/quote']

I meant the ablum by Sodom lol.

Not the crap punk band. (Yes ive heard of them)

Yeah I'm not a huge Agent Orange fan.

I'd take punk over thrash metal any day though. I like some metal. I love Sabbath. My friend/ drummer is a TOTAL metalhead and I like a lot of the metal bands he shows me. Mainly what I think would be considered "stoner metal".

We smoke a lotta weed so what do you expect :P

Stoner metal and doom metal usually have really low and slow guitar parts that sound like a Les Paul through an Orange stack right?

Yes.

Now i realize most doom and stoner bands use gibsons alot.

Some of the best riff's in the world come from that genre. :P

I like that sound. I mean it's not my favorite but damn. Give me an Orange and that's what I'll do.

Dude I think you need a Big Muff. Try out the Russian one. I think you'll like it. It's like $50 and it's badass. If you check it out just make sure you turn the "sustain" and "tone" all the way up. That's the best setting on it...

I like that sound. I mean it's not my favorite but damn. Give me an Orange and that's what I'll do.

Dude I think you need a Big Muff. Try out the Russian one. I think you'll like it. It's like $50 and it's badass. If you check it out just make sure you turn the "sustain" and "tone" all the way up. That's the best setting on it...

I know i need a big muff.

I wana get an orginal one if i can.

Archived