Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa

Californiaman

Yeah, CM listed the Bakersfield CA date due to some Freudian slip....

PHX is the 19th.

Great show, I've seen him before.

Got autographs, talked guitars ever so briefly.

I asked him what tuning he used for slide, I remember him saying F sharp....?

I saw him this past summer here in Valencia. Don't miss him live if he is coming near your town! Buy his current CD "The Ballad of John Henry", get familiar with the music on, he will play a lot from that CD and you will enjoy the concert much more. You can listen to the CD from start to finish very easily and enjoy every cut. You'll find lots of variety in the tracks and you'll hear lots of influences from your favorite rock icons. If there is any live show worth going out of your way to see it's Joe Bonamassa...

I saw him this past summer here in Valencia. Don't miss him live if he is coming near your town! Buy his current CD "The Ballad of John Henry"' date=' get familiar with the music on, he will play a lot from that CD and you will enjoy the concert much more. You can listen to the CD from start to finish very easily and enjoy every cut. You'll find lots of variety in the tracks and you'll hear lots of influences from your favorite rock icons. If there is any live show worth going out of your way to see it's Joe Bonamassa...[/quote']

Just got his live album - No Particular Place(?-forgot the title)...I dunno. He's a great player,but the jury's still out on his music. Nothing grabs me really...yet. I'm still listening. I only gave him a shot 'cause everyone seems to brag about him,first became aware of him from the C5 demo. [biggrin]

I would go and see Joe here in Eugene' date=' but I am in the poor house right now. So any way I see he has a new album coming out this year on his web site.[/quote']

I am waiting with baited breath. His last three albums have been great IMHO. Lowdown check his "Live at Royal Albert Hall "DVD. He jams with Clapton. Great show.

Archived