Gibson Brands Forums

Alright...im agaisnt putting a humbucker on the bridge of a tele...but this guitar sounds amazing.

dem00n

They've had these for a few yrs. The FMT, QMT (both Korean) and some other American model. The best one IMO was the Tele plus which had the Lace Sensor Blue/Red with a coil tap. That is the Tele I am waiting for. They're just so damn hard to come buy and usually $1300+.

That's a nice Tele. Personally I like these HH Telecasters (especially this Spalted Maple one) but I definitely think of them as a different monster than a traditional Tele. There was a red Flame Maple model I wanted really bad a couple years ago. Wish I would have gone for it now [biggrin].

I was just checking out Charvels site. Really nice Guitars, I like the Tele with the Floyd Rose (definitely anothe different monster than either the HH tele or standard Tele), but thier Web Site straight SUCKS! It's neither browse friendly nor intuitive. Guitars [thumbup] Web Site #-o.

They've had these for a few yrs. The FMT' date=' QMT (both Korean) and some other American model. The best one IMO was the Tele plus which had the Lace Sensor Blue/Red with a coil tap. That is the Tele I am waiting for. They're just so damn hard to come buy and usually $1300+.[/quote']

I've had mine since 1991. It's an awesome guitar. The dual red Lace Sensors in the bridge are coil tapped and they are excellent pups. This one is ash bodied.

P1010168_edited.jpg

I don't lust for Teles much but if I ever get one it would be at least half-way traditional.

Double humbucker, exotic wood, some with set neck? that is just another guitar with the shape of a Tele to me.

Imagine a 25.5" scale, ash body bolt-on neck, 3 single coil pickup Les Paul...just sayin'

I've had mine since 1991. It's an awesome guitar. The dual red Lace Sensors in the bridge are coil tapped and they are excellent pups. This one is ash bodied.

P1010168_edited.jpg

I hate you just a little bit. :-&

I want either black burst (to match my Strat Plus or that Firestorm red black finish). Either way, I prefer no trem but beggers can't be choosers.

I don't lust for Teles much but if I ever get one it would be at least half-way traditional.

Double humbucker' date=' exotic wood, some with set neck? that is just another guitar with the shape of a Tele to me.

Imagine a 25.5" scale, ash body bolt-on neck, 3 single coil pickup Les Paul...just sayin'

[/quote']

I've been imagining a Les Paul with a 25.5 inch scale for a long time, if they come to their senses and tap that market, I'll be on board. Till then it's HH Teles and Nighthawks [biggrin] .

Archived