Gibson Brands Forums

New Car Smell

daveinspain

Has anyone who's purchase a new Gibson lately noticed a very heavy Vanilla smell when you open the case? My 2007 LP classic didn't have it but my Robot and ES 339 smell like a French whore house... Of course I have never been to a French whore house but it's the smell I would imagine they have.... ;-)

Has anyone who's purchase a new Gibson lately noticed a very heavy Vanilla smell when you open the case? My 2007 LP classic didn't have it but my Robot and ES 339 smell like a French whore house... Of course I have never been to a French whore house but it's the smell I would imagine they have.... ;-)

Yeah' date=' it's all that production [i']stuff[/i] (that's a technical word, of course O:) ) coming together in that one closed case. Must be a real party in there with the lid closed! O:)

I agree, that smell is pure nirvana!

I have found that using Gibson's pump polish prior to storing it back into the case enhances the smell. I love the way that stuff smells. Just don't try using it as a colonge, it does nothing for the ladies.

I thought a read an actual news story not all that long ago that the "NEW CAR SMELL" is actually dangerous to your health. Something bout all the gules and plastics' date=' etc... being inhaled.[/quote']

Pfft... whadda buncha hooey.... all that mumbo jumbo about.... uh and... uh... what were we talking about?

Maaaaan this case smells gooooooooood!

Archived