Gibson Brands Forums

Point to ponder

Gibson CS

No arguments on the booze and coke. It takes it's toll.

(side note: you think he ever snorted sweet & low thinking it was "diet" coke?)

I understand what you are saying about integrity... or loyalty as it were. I respect that, but I am asking you to think down the road a bit more... you put everything you have into "your" guitar... but that is only what you have now. In 5 years time there is newer technology, and I am sure your skills and technique will have evolved. Heck, you might even invent a whole new way to play.(DUUUUUDE.... Did you See DeepBlue play that solo with a rubber chicken???????!!!!!????) That might require certain innovations to be implemented into what you designed 5 years ago. But when you go to your sponsor company,but they "bottom line" you and say it ain't broke and don't want to fix it. Now what? You know you have a better guitar design, but that ain't the axe with your name on it....

.... Now some one comes along and offers you more $$$ and creative control......

I'm just sayin'...

No comment on the "tired old licks" thing. Almost every rock guitarist out there does it to one extent or another. It's a matter of personal taste.

Tell ya what I mostly got out of this whole discussion so far though, Deep...

You, sir, are an honorable man and I am glad to have met you. 8-[

I dont put all the blame on Eddie. But if I were to use every bit of knowledge that I have about guitars' date=' and what I like or what works for me into my Gibson signature guitar, then thats my hallmark. Thats my cream of the crop.

That shouldnt change if I jump ship to another company...

To me thats a sell out to get more money.

Its called integrity...

I would assure the consumer that this in my opinion is the best guitar I have ever played, and when you buy it, it comes with 100% of my blood, sweat and tears and all of my experience.

I would ride it out untill the end of the line, and get the best cut from Gibson I could get, and stick with it.

If someone offered me $$$$ in the future to sign with them....

Im sorry, I dont think I could do it.[/quote']

Thank god Les Paul is that man of pride and integrity!

When might have Fender Les Pauls running around....................

ChanMan...

Its been a pleasure talking with you too sir...

It just goes to show, there are more to playing guitars then playing guitars.

Money does talk...If someone waved mmmega-bucks in front of me.

If it happens, ill let you know! lol

I wonder how much an artist gets when his signaure model is bought?

1 maybe 2% ?

Like many others, when he didn't give his own famiy the chance to help him and he got into a circle of "yes" people who were more interested in making a buck off of him, it's easeir to see how he began to fall, albeit still not an excuse. In the 80's he seemed like he was on top of the game when it came to seeing to his own and the bands needs (in spite of what was going on even then), it's amazing how a disconnect can transform a person and put them on that slippery slope. His breaking point was a very public one too.

LP...

He said he drank to overcome stage fright and the pressures of being a rock star.

Well he was a lush long before he was a rock star.

I dont drink.

When I was a teenager I enjoyed tipping the elbow, but I grew tired of it...

I do remember trying to play guitar while half in the bag.....I couldnt do it!!

Sloppy playing, forgetting riffs etc...

I dont know how guys play while in that condition.

Pot on the other hand! lol

Although I dont do that anymore either, I remember amazing my buddies by just going for it.

I know there are young guys on here. I dont want them to think for a second that I am pro pot.

I am not. Im too old now and hopefully wiser in my decision making.

Anyone have any Cheesies?

guitarslinger...

I would have loved to take the guitar down and play it...it was sold' date=' so that was a no no.

Was it well made? I dunno, but when I see a silly price tag like that it makes me think that people have

mory money then brains.

$400 worth of parts...$16000 worth of labour and greed[/quote']

Boy did you hit that nail on the head, lol

i think all guitars are about feel. the first one i ever got was some crappy make from a catalogue company, but i learned to play on that guitar. next one i got was made by peavy, cant remember much about it except it was a strat shape. wasnt too bad though. then, when i turned 18, had a job and saved some dough, i got the guitar i always wanted. its on the left.

thing is, i used to love steve vai and joe satriani, and i always remember joe having a crome, mirrored finish ibanez guitar, which i would have killed for back in 94. but if it didnt feel right when i played it i would still have chopped it in for something else.

its like, i also own a washburn acoustic, which has a lovely sound and plays well in my hands, so to speak, just cos i love the LP, doesnt mean i would buy everything he made.

Also, as for Eddie and a few other players, i honestly hate to see such talent go to waste (so to speak) and as far as all the money he and other pros make, i"ve seen it a ton of times, they are rich in one aspect and poor in others (such as their personal lives unfortunately) almost makes you think if its really worth the price for all the fame and fortune stuff. i guess im just old fashioned i guess, just my 2 cents ]

TAC' date=' Cool avatar pic! Did you catch this thread yet? More to the point, do you own one?

(sorry for the thread hijack), back to the regular programming...

Nope, i dont own one, I have Played one tho, and it was extremely uncomfortable to play (for me anyway) Thanks for the thread link too, imust have missed it somehow,I played it for almost an hour, give or take a few minutes, and i just couldnt feel at all comfortable with it,the one i played wasnt the super expensive model though, i think it was around 3k or somthing like that(i think)

Archived