Gibson Brands Forums

My lower back is still hurting.....

duane v

:-s

I slipped on ice coming out of my hotel in Canada, and landed flat on my back. It's been over a week and the pain has not got any better... as a matter of fact I had a tough time sitting up on the bed this morning...

I've never had back issues[crying]

From someone who has had disc surgery from a herniated L5/S1 dics. Make sure you don't have leg pain (sciatica) because that is most often caused by impingement of a nerve root, something pressing on it. If your pain is localized to just the muscles in the lower back or tail bone area. Give it time and take Naprosyn (Aleve) or 600-800 mg of Ibprofen every 6 hours with food (Ibuprofen) and the Aleve, 2, 220mg tablets every 12 hours. Try not to saty in bed for more than 2 days maximum. Slowly start to move around and if the injury is later than 2 days, you can start hot showers, if acute, less than 2 days, use gel ice packs on and off every 45 minuets for a day or two and then switch to the hot showers. You have to begin to move around slowly as satyinh in bed or a couch for more than 2days is not good, you will stiffen up. if the pain does not subside with the use of NSAIDS for 5 days, you need to see your MD or DO. I also recommend taking a good quality fish oil (1-2 table spoons per day with food) for 2 weeks, it really helps with inflammation. You can also use a heating pad with a damp dish towel after 2 days initially, 30 mins on, 30 mins off all day. I have extensive experience with back pain and I have used these methods that a top MD told me about for 15 years off and on for my back issues. It really works Duane. Feel Better!!!!!!!!!

If the MD wants to give you Skelaxin, it's bull++++, you need something stronger like Lortab/Vicodin 7.5/750 ES, which will help for sure and you can also take an NSAID with it to help with inflammation. You need a strong narcotic and an anti-inflammatory, and muscle relaxant on board for a few days and it will come around but expect 3-6 weeks for full recovery if you really racked it up. Get an MRI if you have leg pain to rule out a disc injury. Feel Better!!!

I have sciatica. I have a bulging L4/L5 disc but my big emergency room Demerol Valium Hydrocodone Methylprednosolone fiasco of 2007 was actually caused by an inflamed piriformis muscle. Damn thing. I wish I had a good sharp jacknife. Two MRIs didn't find it; I found it on google and stretched my way healthy.... well, sort of... it still rears it's ugly head. It was swollen and was pinching the sciatic nerve.

My oldest daughter took a huge jump in the air sliding down a snowbank on an inner tube last week (kids!). She flew up in the air and landed on her tailbone. She was in pain for a week before going to the Dr. He said she sprained her tailbone joint. He basically said it would take 6 weeks to heal.

My MIL fell and broke her tail bone (She couldn't bring herself to say coccyx). Nothin' in the world he could do for it. You can't splint it, you can't cast it. Sent her to the medical appliance shop for a special cushion so she could sit in moderate comfort. My FIL took one look at the special cushion and then the price. He went to Farm and Fleet for a wheelbarrow inner tube. Yup. 6 to 8 weeks.

After my MIL got so she could sit normal, his wheel barrow pushed a whole lot easier too.

I had a motorcycle crash in 1977, a Dodge van pulled right out in front of me, if the driver had not stopped when he saw me at the last second, oh how my life would have changed. But alas, at 50 mph. I punched a deep dent into the side right over the left rear wheel, then scraped the whole length of the van, hit the mirror with my chin and took it with me four bolts and all, went off the road into a ditch and flipped the bike.

I sat up, took off my gloves looked at my hands, they were ok, I looked over at my bike, which now looked like a cross between a Unicycle and a unsalted pretzel, the front wheel was actually behind the rear wheel!

A shattered jaw, compressed right shoulder with deep bruise all the way to my knee, four broken rib's a lacerated liver and four ruptured disc and messed up ankle that still hurts, and going thru two years of oral surgery to make my lower teeth match up with the uppers, and a useless piece of twisted modern art that used to be a RD-350. Yeah I know about back pain...and neck pain...and waking up with your jaw locked wide open, then snapping shut with a loud pop that wakes your wife up....I don't ride bikes anymore...God help me if I had not been wearing a helmet.

The best thing is stretching...I stretch my legs every morning, stand next to a bed, put your leg up on it and bend over till it hurts, then hold it there, then do the other leg. Then stand on one leg and pull your other leg up behind your behind.....The other stretching exercise is accomplished by having your wife hide the Jack Daniels up high in the cupboards. ;-), just kidding about the whisky...

OUCHHHHHHHHHHH' date=' but the JD is funny...... you have to keep a positive mind when you have chronic back pain. I agree jax about the stretching, it does work. How;s that Genz Benz treating you?[/quote']

It's a sweet amp, as long as I have someone else carrying it!!! I play a Tacoma AJF22CE with a EMG passive thru it and it's smokes..my Taylor 814CE sound great thru it also, the only foot pedal I use is a volume control and a EQ.

Ouch! Once you heal up (you will eventually), I would recommend that you spend some time stretching and strengthening your back. I was an avid biker (did 30 miles at a time) and did weights on the off days, but I never stretched out. It caught up to me in a big way. Now I spend about 45 minutes a day on stretching and strengthening. If I miss I day I can feel it in my back.

Nice !............. is it the Shendoah? I have the G-Flex 2x12, and I love it.......... nice deep sound and almost 360 degrees of rotation with the ported vents. Amazing. I thought about picking up another but I think I am going with the ENGL 2x12 Pro Cab that has siberian birch and the 25w vintage green back speakers. I have a few ENGL amps and they are wonderful but I never played out of one of their cabs yet, you?

Nice !............. is it the Shendoah? I have the G-Flex 2x12' date=' and I love it.......... nice deep sound and almost 360 degrees of rotation with the ported vents. Amazing. I thought about picking up another but I think I am going with the ENGL 2x12 Pro Cab that has siberian birch and the 25w vintage green back speakers. I have a few ENGL amps and they are wonderful but I never played out of one of their cabs yet, you?[/quote']

Yes it's a Shen, I have always played it stock, just the way it came from the factory, my wife bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago, really blew me away! SHE'S A KEEPER!!!

I doubt I would ever need anything more. But I have been itching for a solid body axe [bored] so maybe.....

Lots of choices jax out there for solid body........ I'm a Gibson man from day one, it's been a great ride for me with all my pieces, I have probaly 16 or 17, lost count. I am a big LP fan but I really love juniors for their simplicity, weight and tone. I also love melody makers and explorers as well. Obviously you have to find one that fits like a glove and you'll know it when you find it. depends on the style you play somewhat but a good player can make most any guitar sound good. If you like the semi hollow bodies like in your avatar, the 335's and the 339's are nice, good solid guitars with a nice touch of acoustic tone. I never fell for fenders but some are right up there. let me know if I can be of any help. Best to ya!

Archived