Gibson Brands Forums

Do you belive hot dogs cause cancer?

dem00n

Well... here's an old guy's "take."

It's better to wear out than to rust.

Everybody has different genetics. I smoke, but am in better overall shape than most guys who are younger. For how long? I dunno. I'm not sure if I should care.

Accidents happen.

I thought I'd be dead by 50. Now I've gotta think about maintaining "quality." Guitar plays a major role in that.

It's not just old people who have severely diminished capacities for whatever reason.

Life probably is "worth it" until it ain't.

And sometimes it ain't your choice.

m

It's like virgins talking about how gross sex is.

yeah, right, wait until you've tried it.

Ok, except MiloD. He would know, and it doesn't sound like he's wanting to drink arsenic just yet...

For the record, Hector, by the 8th/9th centuries, the average European male began to live up into his 40's. It was a rarity for folks to live even that far, and moreso for folks to live into their 50's. One must assume then that, as we are Evolving, and not DEvolving, that folks lifespan in Ancient times was shorter, not longer. So when you read that there was a culture where men who reached age 50 offed themselves, keep this historical fact in mind. They may be referring to BOTH guys who reached 50...

Cancer... just pondering what causes cancer. If you had cancer from a previous whatever caused it, would you do it all over again? I wouldn't smoke obviously, but every thing else I would probably do again - as long as it didn't cause cancer. Wait a minute...hot dogs cause cancer and farting? That one I would have to think about. Are we sure it is not the farting that causes cancer and the hot dogs are just along for the ride? I have smoked some dawgs on the grill and yes, I bogarted them. My bad.

If you cut out all the bad foods' date=' don't drink or take drugs, don't smoke, don't eat sweets, don't have sex and follow all the rules to live a long and healthy life you will [b']not[/b] live any longer.... It will just seem that way...[biggrin]

And you will wish you were dead.

If you ever saw what went into 99% of all hot dogs you wouldn't touch them with your hand let alone your mouth.....

As far as the cancer question, everything causes cancer. How else would you explain my cousins 4 year old grand son dying from it?

I reckon the radiation from my iphone and iMac, together with whatever crap comes out of the valves on my Fender amp are more likely to give me cancer.

Then there's the nitro finish on my Gibson collection......

Oh, and the smokes and the beer.

Depending on one's religious views - and I mean the "deep, down inside" rather than the "yeah, I go along with that," I think mankind always has had a fascination with life and death, fear or "not fear" of passing from this stage of being into - what may or may not retain an individual consciousness.

The very first real "novel" or "epic," I'm aware of is the story of Gilgamesh. There remain for us today variations on the tale from antiquity, from the dawn of words being put into a form for others to read.

If you haven't read a later version (the earliest I've read is somewhat fragmentary), it includes a tale of the demi-god hero's search for eternal life and hence meets the earliest known "Noah" who was granted eternal life by the "gods."

The point isn't so much that Gilgamesh is all that wonderful a tale, regardless that elements of it are part of "western" and middle eastern culture yet today, but rather that it points out certain questions we even discuss on a guitar forum.

There is the bit of the wilder "rural" and the "urban" mind set that can't help but take every "weapon" possible to tame the free soul. Then too there is the consideration of life and death; whether mankind is fated to find a way beyond it other than with some strange journey (consider Einstein and time effects of those involved in rapid travel relative to lesser speed) to those favored by the "gods" but that can't be returned to our own "world."

Music, and music themes often reflect these deep, perhaps Jungian, feelings we have, and apparently always have had since we took that step beyond thinking merely of our next meal and procreation.

Yeah, music's fun. I love playing, love listening. But a thread like this can bring thoughts of deeper connections.

m

Jax...

Yeah... The main thing they brought for treating internal problems was a very, very strong laxative.

OTOH, figure that they only lost one person, Sgt. Floyd... And it was a rough world they were in.

m

Milrod

Dr. Rush's Thunder Clappers!!!! 50% Mercury! That was the cure all of the time. Lewis and Clark packed thousands of them, every time somebody came down with a stomach ache they were "cured" with these toxic little pills....so toxic researchers have used the mercury traces they left behind to retrace their actual route!

Archived