Gibson Brands Forums

Ipad reservations?

retrosurfer1959

So anybody put a Ipad on reserve today for the april 3rd rollout?

I have a 64 gig one waiting with my name on it :-&. I didn't wait for the 3G because I don't want to use the Ipad on another 3g account when they announced that you could not tether the Ipad and Iphone I lost all interest in the 3g model.

Very cool but I'm waiting for the Mac Air that has a screen on the bottom where the keyboard would usually be when you open it and a virtual keyboard comes up on the lower screen when you need one. Objects can be pushed from one screen to the other or stretched across both....

I had a hard enough time justifying buying my aluminum macbook because of the cost, and I got that on a referb special. Mac stuff is generally over-priced and is frustratingly propritary. I'm not saying their stuff isn't good, it's just over priced. The iPad is no different; In my honest opinion, the only way this will fly as a product and not be considered a flop, is if Mr Jobs gets these iPads into schools on large scales as learning tools. They can only run one program at a time so kids can't try and do other things in the background, and they lay flat on desks so teachers could keep tabs on them.

Other than that if you're desperate for a laptop like experience, get a laptop, or a netbook, the pricing has come way down and you get more versatility.

One last thing, keep in mind that when you're typing on the screen your hands will be consuming roughly a third of screen view, and yes, you could get a plug in keyboard, or instead you could just get a laptop that already has said keyboard.

One last thing' date=' keep in mind that when you're typing on the screen your hands will be consuming roughly a third of screen view, and yes, you could get a plug in keyboard, or instead you could just get a laptop that already has said keyboard. [/quote']

Not true... There are two screens one where the keyboard usually is and the other where the normal screens always goes so you still have your full screen plus the added bonus of another full screen that double as a keyboard when you need it...

It's like a giant iPhone

;)

Best review I saw: (from cnn.com comment section) Some jagoff dropped their iPod Touch, ran it over, and pitched the idea!

I love apple stuff, I don't see much of a use for it, except for what has been already mentioned: a school environment. One big thing for me, would be if I could put school textbooks on it for college and stuff, it would be invaluable for that. I have a macbook pro and an iPhone.

Archived