Gibson Brands Forums

What do you do if you cant find the Album your looking for?

dem00n

Are you looking for physical CD's or downloads?

Tried itunes or amazon?

A lot of old obscure thrash bands have had their CD's discontinued' date=' checking ebay regularly is probably your best bet.[/quote']

Ive tried itunes and amazon and i know their diso****eud.

Your right i should keep checking ebay.

I find many albums (CD's or whatever) at the public library. I have two very large public library systems (and one small one) available to me, and I use them to the fullest. They both have huge record collections, and all searching is done through on-line catologs from my home computer. Plus, the price is right, FREE. Some non-member/non-resident libraries may charge a user fee, but still might be worth it if you, like me, are constantly searching for songs and albums.

Another resource I use is a local mom & pop record store. Most of their stock is used stuff, but they will order in anything thing you want, IF they can find it. I have also received requested materials from them that were obvious CDR bootlegs, and as much as I am against music piracy, sometimes it is the only way.

dem00n. 2 places in Greenwich Village that used to be pretty good Bleeker Bob's and House of Oldies. I remember that there were other stores in the Village as well, but I don't remember the names.

http://www.nycgoth.com/shops/bleeckerbobs/

http://www.houseofoldies.com/

When you open the "houseofoldies" link the right side of the screen shows a few other stores in the area.

Many of the early - mid 80's obscure metal stuff was never issued on CD. I used to use Cool Edit Pro to transfer that stuff from vinyl to CD. Cool Edit had a lot of great features to remove pops and clicks from the vinyl as well as remove tape hiss. There is also the torrent option...

F.Y.E. (the Guitar Center of multi-media entertainment) can order just about anything. I ordered Black Oak Arkansas' "Raunch 'n Roll Live" from them...an album I haven't seen anywhere in eons. They can maybe get you what you want...

F.Y.E. (the Guitar Center of multi-media entertainment)

lol I went to school with the owners daughter & worked in the main warehouse (Trans World Music) when I was a teen. They can get most American issue stuff but are not great at getting the import stuff.

There are many indie labels popping up that are re-issuing the older obscure stuff, but many are in Europe or Japan. Most of them you can order from the States & have them shipped to you no problem. Try places like HMV Japan

Archived