Gibson Brands Forums

this is one amazing blues duet!...

S t e v e

Who's teh white guy wit da crappy tone?

;)

Actually his tone is pretty tasty in that clip.

Now' date=' get rid of all the pseudo-jazz horns and chimey electric piano and let the guitars do it ALL....[/quote']

like this you mean? :)

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Didn't even click on it, I still see a keyboard back there.

;)

Albert ain't big enough to hide a keyboard and the player too!

Are you sure you're on the right forum? Maybe you should be HERE?

I mean, even I kinda like the Hammond B-3 or Fender Rhoads now and then, but I can live without 'em...

:)/

I'll click on anything that has Albert King in it. Had still had it three months before he died, hell he probably still had it the moment he went.

Not a big BB fan, although Indianola Mississippi Seed is a must have for any Blues Fan or Guitarist.

Didn't even click on it' date=' I still see a keyboard back there.

[cool

Albert ain't big enough to hide a keyboard and the player too!

Are you sure you're on the right forum? Maybe you should be HERE?

I mean, even I kinda like the Hammond B-3 or Fender Rhoads now and then, but I can live without 'em...

:D/

neo, i'm pretty sure you will like this video [angry]

Not a big BB fan' date=' although Indianola Mississippi Seed is a must have for any Blues Fan or Guitarist. [/quote']

Okay, okay, I'll admit it.

For the first time in my life, Moore's playing just made the fur stand up on my arms.

I did indeed like how he sounded there - no more of the processed/solidstate sounding crap.

Then I heard the keyboard and horns and every single hair follicle went limp again....

[angry]

I'm certainly more of an Albert King (or Collins) fan than BB, but I always refrain from speaking ill of him.

I guess it's a matter of environment, I spent many years in Texas and my interest in blues ceases when

anybody else walks onto the stage other than the guitar players - 'cept possibly somebody on harmonica.

If there's gonna be keyboards, it better be a Hammond B-3.

I fxcking HATE horns.

NeoConMan Rule for Blues.

:-)

Okay' date=' okay, I'll admit it.

For the first time in my life, Moore's playing just made the fur stand up on my arms.

I did indeed like how he sounded there - no more of the processed/solidstate sounding crap.

Then I heard the [b']keyboard and horns [/b]and every single hair follicle went limp again....

[angry]

I'm certainly more of an Albert King (or Collins) fan than BB, but I always refrain from speaking ill of him.

I guess it's a matter of environment, I spent many years in Texas, but my interest in blues ceases when

anybody else walks onto the stage other than the guitar players.

If there's gonna be keyboards, it better be a Hammond B-3.

NeoConMan Rule for Blues.

:-)

Cheesy Keyboards can ruin a good performance, that's for sure. Eric Clapton's Live at Montreux '86 has some great tunes and some good Guitar and Drums (Phil Collins), but the Keyboards will send you running from the room, ultra-cheesy (rock, not really blues, but the rules still apply)! I love a nice Hammond or real Piano in the blues, but it ain't necessary like a good guitar

I don't like to say anything against BB either, but when I saw BB King, Bobby Blue Bland and Albert King all in one night, Albert stole the Show! He came on first and played like it was the most important Gig he'd ever done. BB came out and did a great show, great tunes and all, but he had that "getting Through another Gig" vibe, while Albert was playing with every bit of his Heart and Soul. That really sold me on Albert. Three months later he was dead.

Archived