Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson "Historic Collection"

Spot

Recently saw a nice j45 "Historic Collection" for sale and and wanted ask ya'll what this Historic collection is all about? The only difference I can see from the various acoustic models is a Historic collection brand mark in the back of the headstock.

Does anyone know the details behind this Gibson line?

[cool]

Yeah, I'll be the first to tell ya that

A. I don't know d!ck about Gibson acoustics.

B. I never even visit that portion of the forum.

C. I really don't care as much as maybe I should.

So, yeah Spot, the Acoustic area is the place to be.

Besides, many of those guys get offended easily in the Lounge so they don't venture in here much...

:-)

Thanks guys...

I originally was going to put the question in the Acoustic forum, but I'm pretty sure that the Historic collection has electric models to and not just acoustic guitars so I thought the Lounge would be the best place...

Historic - means they're built like they were back in the day. I don't know anything about Gibson acoustics' date=' either, but when you look at a historic Les Paul, it means they are built like the Les Pauls of the 1950s. Google: Les Paul 101.[/quote']

I don't think this is the case AN as these models are not actually that historically correct as they have the new Gibson banner and not the True Vintage '1944 banner' like the True Vintage series does - which would make these more of an exact repro of the originals. I guess it's just another example of Gibson's confusion marketing...

Very nice ES 335 Block you have by the way!

[cool]

Besides' date=' many of those guys get offended easily in the Lounge so they don't venture in here much...

:-)[/quote']

Ya think? I can hardly tell the difference.

I'm pretty sure I started in the Acoustic forum...and drifted over here because that forum is not as frequently visited.

I've been amazed when talking to someone and I tell them about a posting only to learn they didn't see it.

This is a ploy to sell guitars-for 3 times the ticket-

old style bracing,nut material,and I would ask about the rims and back-maybe different than the J-45 std.

I own a J-45 Std paid $1900 new and it is a awesome guitar. Are the historics worth the cost? Only you can answer that. Seeing how the J-45 is the longest continuously offered model and have been out there for 60 years-there are a lot of them available-Why not just buy one. In any case. my J-45 is a great looking,sounding and playing guitar-I will never sell it-would I buy a historic? NO-those guitars are for collectors not players

Archived