Gibson Brands Forums

Toronto guys....

ShredAstaire

I can't answer your question because I live in the States, but I wanted to say sorry you didn't make the playoffs and that you had the worst record in the East. At least you have 14 more pts than the Oilers.

I'm just amped up because my Red Wings pulled themselves out of the basement and are now 6th in the West behind the play of rookie of the year & should be Vezina finalist Jimmy Howard.

I'm just amped up because my Red Wings pulled themselves out of the basement and are now 6th in the West behind the play of rookie of the year & should be Vezina finalist Jimmy Howard.

Wait... you live in Chicago' date=' right?

And you are a Red Wings fan?

[lol:-$:-k :-k [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying]

Freddy's supposedly the best (or one of) in S. Ontario but he is a bit pricey, though.

The Guitar Shop set up my PRS 513 and he did a really good job of it. Better than I ever could. If you do go the The Guitar Shop, deal with Brent - he's the owner and a great guy. Whatever you do, do not head across the street to LA. Frick'n idiots...lol.

My Traditional is in for a set up at L&M right now. Free set up, can't go wrong. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Wait... you live in Chicago' date=' right?

And you are a Red Wings fan?

[biggrin [biggrin] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying] [crying]

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

Yes, I live in Chicago and yes, I am a life long Red Wings fan. I was born and raised 60 miles North of Detroit and both sides of my family have deep Detroit roots. It's where my papou's family settled when they came over from Greece. My mom's father drove a delivery truck for Vernor's ginger ale* before WWII and before they watered down the formula and moved operations to California [sad] . So, I came out of the womb a Wings fan.

*Old school Michigan natives will remember the original Vernor's formula. The ginger was so strong it would tickle your nose when you opened the bottle. Glass bottle, that is.

Freddy's supposedly the best (or one of) in S. Ontario but he is a bit pricey, though.

I like Fred, but hes very absent minded. He did a set up for me. I left specific, written

instructions as to what I wanted done.....long story short, he used the wrong guage

strings so it rendered my setup useless.

I'm hooking up with the old Guitar Tech at Songbird Music (Zak) today to discuss. He says his wait is about a week currently and his pricing was quite good. I forget what his shop is called...something fuzz i think...

I'll let you guys know how it goes...my LP sounds like garbage right now.

Bump

Got my LP back yesterday and had a chance to jam last night with some of the boys.

Holy....cow this guitar plays and sounds amazing. I've never felt it play so well before....got a full set up...slight truss rod adjustment, pickup leveling, new strings, nicely oiled fretboard and got a bone nut installed.

I got the guitar back in 6 days too...i highly recommend Superfuzz Audio in Toronto....Zac is the man!! They are at Dundas and Dovercourt if you are interested...

Seriously...this guitar feels perfect.....intonation couldn't be better....no fret buzz....mmmm its been a while...

^ you should buy a guitar maintenance book now. I didn't suggest it previously because you mentioned fret leveling but everything you had done to the guitar (except the nut) is

simple to do yourself. It's really worth it to buy a book.

I like Fred' date=' but hes very absent minded. He did a set up for me. I left specific, written

instructions as to what I wanted done.....long story short, he used the wrong guage

strings so it rendered my setup useless.[/quote']

That sucks. What did you do, just accept it?

Bump

Got my LP back yesterday and had a chance to jam last night with some of the boys.

Holy....cow this guitar plays and sounds amazing. I've never felt it play so well before....got a full set up...slight truss rod adjustment' date=' pickup leveling, new strings, nicely oiled fretboard and got a bone nut installed.

I got the guitar back in 6 days too...i highly recommend Superfuzz Audio in Toronto....Zac is the man!! They are at Dundas and Dovercourt if you are interested...

Seriously...this guitar feels perfect.....intonation couldn't be better....no fret buzz....mmmm its been a while...[/quote']

is this a ma and pa guitar shop? i'm always on the lookout for stores like this when i'm up there. i like capsule on queen w and there's a place in kensington market (you mentioned songbird - is that it?) that's kind pricey but has some cool stuff. glad to hear your tech situation had a happy ending.

Hey cunkhead...

No Songbird closed down a while ago...sometime in the last couple of years...i had been living in Seattle so i'm not too sure when.

This is a tiny shop with no sign and just two dudes working in it...just repairs...the shop is FULL (i mean full - there is enough room for 1 customer at a time to be at the desk because there are amps everywhere hehe) of stuff....guitars, amps etc...

I googled it....i never would have found it if I didn't know the address....1261 Dundas St W...right near Dovercourt.

http://www.superfuzzaudio.com/

The pics are funny cuz the store is set up that way...theres just so much more STUFF in there now....lol! and the lighting doesnt look that good in real life....but the bottom line is that i got a suite set up on the axe and it plays like heaven. [crying]

Archived