Gibson Brands Forums

Dream geetar

mooboo

"THE GALE" is on the stand 20 inches from M-R GIBS - I see both of them right now.

But If you want a guitar like "THE GALE" this could be arranged for some 2100 or 2200 USD that you have to give to the master luthier Galin Penev and he will make for you a guitar with the same kind of materials and with the same specs. The other price that you will have to pay is YOUR PATIENCE. This luthier works only one guitar at the same time. So you will have to wait. Now I am waiting for a classical guitar that he has to make for me and he will start maybe after 11 months because before mine he has to finish two other instruments.

For THE GALE I waited six months.[lol]

http://www.penevguitars.hit.bg/

THE GALE is one beautiful guitar. You must be very proud of her. The price is very reasonable, but the wait is staggering!

I always look forward to your new YouTube posts.... I'm looking forward to hearing more from THE GALE!

Bird or Dove with EA built in - sneakily. <grin>

Seriously, I fell in love with the bird just lookin' at a young lady playing one when I was a freshman in college and in my first year of guitar pickin'. To show how guitar nutty I was at the time, I was watching her pickin' technique and the guitar more than the girl.

On the other hand, I think in my old age <grin> that I'd consider some variables since any guitar deserves a good setup.

Why would I be playing it? Well, probably bluegrassy/folkie/cowboy stuff. That pretty much keeps me thinking of those two models.

OTOH, I'd want at least 10-46 on it... and not as low an action as I normally like on anything 'cuz I'm a very gentle fingerpicker most of the time. With a "dream" EA, I'd say I'd be flatpicking it instead. But since I seldom play "hard," and I'm so used to lighter strings, I'd not want an immediate switch to piano wire. <grin>

Either HB or Dove. Heck, I'm not greedy. Just make sure there's a nice hard case for it, and as I said, I'd prefer a nicely "hidden" piezo to make either one EA. I'm not even that hung up on "color" or fancy fingerboards; just a nice old fashioned light top and dark body would be fine.

m

I already own my dream guitars and I am gonna stop- a 2006 Les Paul Std and a 2006

J-45 that I bought in 2007, I love the tone and playability of both guitars. I have bought

houses for less money than some of these Les Pauls are selling for now-rediculous

Archived