Gibson Brands Forums

Final mix, Walkin' the Dog

Cruznolfart

Sounds pretty good Cruzn. I still think having the harp and guitar at the end just pan one hard left and the other hard right would have been cool, but it still sounds great as it is.

Looking forward to your next endeavor.

Lovin' it. Great production and Performance' date=' very tight indeed. Can't wait to hear some more, are you guys gonna do any live shows?[/quote']

Thank you, Shon. Of the 4 principals involved, one of us is real hot to get back on the stage, 2 are ambivalent and one really would rather just record. I am, of course, in the middle. LOL! I don't care if we play out or not, as long as we have roadies if we DO go out. :D There are a few festival thingies locally each year that present opportunities for local talent, if we decide to try ourselves on the public. I have an idea it'll turn out to be more work than ol' Ralph remembers. [cool]

Sounds pretty good Cruzn. I still think having the harp and guitar at the end just pan one hard left and the other hard right would have been cool' date=' but it still sounds great as it is.

Looking forward to your next endeavor.[/quote']

Thanks, Danny, 'preciate your compliment. I listened to the harp tracks over and over and just couldn't find anything that really did what I wanted for the song. I wish it had worked out differently for the guy, but he just never really hooked up with the tune. We did try some panning tricks, too, but it just didn't please my ears. Maybe another time.

Actually this is an example of what I've talked about in terms of looking at some stuff not as a "cover," but as a different "interpretation" of a given song.

I'm old enough to remember the original. Heck, everybody was playing the thing around here in the mid '60s.

The thing was then, how does one do a song that everybody knows and everybody else does. This is a perfect example of having a piece be done in a "standard" sorta way, definitely not a "copy," but an interpretation with excellent balance and very good musicianship.

Frankly that's how I think stuff should be done unless it's an equally well-done but totally different interpretation kinda like the "slow version" of "Twist and Shout." But you're all to young to remember that. <chortle>

So there... <grin>

m

Actually this is an example of what I've talked about in terms of looking at some stuff not as a "cover' date='" but as a different "interpretation" of a given song.

I'm old enough to remember the original. Heck, everybody was playing the thing around here in the mid '60s.

The thing was then, how does one do a song that everybody knows and everybody else does. This is a perfect example of having a piece be done in a "standard" sorta way, definitely not a "copy," but an interpretation with excellent balance and very good musicianship.

Frankly that's how I think stuff should be done unless it's an equally well-done but totally different interpretation kinda like the "slow version" of "Twist and Shout." But you're all to young to remember that. <chortle>

So there... <grin>

m

[/quote']

Thanks, Milo, I appreciate that. I mean as it applies to me. Not all the other stuff. Well, I mean I appreciate that too. Oh, hell, I appreciate ALL of it. [biggrin]

Archived