Gibson Brands Forums

We can talk a good game but this is a guitar forum

Blackie

Jamman...

I don't have a vid cam' date=' either. So I just used the little "moviemaker" that came with the computer and added a pix to the audio-only recording. Aint' best, but it works.

m

[/quote']

Thanks for the info, I do have a web-cam ,so i'll pick a track or 2 and than figure out how to use it. give me a few days and i'll get something posted.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear ya on that solo' date=' the album came out when I was a Jr or Senior in college and that year it was one of the first songs to try to copy or pick out. Also that year a new style of music form or sheet came out (Tabs) Thank God. I got the tabs for the tune and while they were close it wasn't exact. I really do mi Guitar for the Practicing Musician; great magazine and while I was over seas it finally went out of circulation. I still have all my issue and go through them regularly to read old articles; the pages my be turning yellow but that information is just as important today as it was almost 30 years ago. What I do in Comfortably Numb is the first lead I stay true to Gilmour; the second lead I do both his runs and add a little Jocko. Will try to find a recording for ya.

[/quote']Thanks bro!

I'm actually doing a re-recording tonight, so I'll have the vid updated pretty soon.#-o

Edit: Jocko, check out the video again, and I think you'll be pleasently suprised.[cool]

Dennis

Jamman

Totally aside from your playing, I think the sound quality of the vid was way, way better than I expected looking at the vid preview.

As for the pickin', cool stuff with very nicely expressive technique.

m

Thanks. Really just a trial run/warm up with some flubs. It will do until i have a bit more time to get a good take.

I hear ya. I did 35 retakes on my 'Cunfortably Numb' solo before it came out right. Mostly due to the fact that I wasn't used to doing it on an LP (lack of tremelo), but I think I finally got it.

Nice tone and licks Jamman ! I wish I could get this more natural sound (I have to record DI). Working on an isolation box as a stopgap.

Thanks, I just used a simple web-cam ($39 special ), with it's mike, direct into my notebook computer. Nothing like a LP and a Marshall. R9 and the black one is an R0.

Jamman

Totally aside from your playing' date=' I think the sound quality of the vid was way, way better than I expected looking at the vid preview.

As for the pickin', cool stuff with very nicely expressive technique.

m

[/quote']

Thanks Milod, for what i was working with i thought it came out pretty good myself. And i'm my own worst critic. As for my playing , i do what i can . If people like it ..... cool . if not , I'm still playing for me. So from what i've read about what other people have said about you. it's a great compliment and I thank you again.

Jamman

Well Jamman lets work together a little...If you would like.........I am going to try and find a backing track of me you can play

lead to if you would like.........if what I have on tap is not to suit I can work with you on it..........let me know.....I am posting something

on tap here

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8199568

Well Jamman lets work together a little...If you would like.........I am going to try and find a backing track of me you can play

lead to if you would like.........if what I have on tap is not to suit I can work with you on it..........let me know.....I am posting something

on tap here

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8199568

Hey Blackie, i just listened to the track and we can do something with it. I've got some ideas floating round in my head

already. I need to listen to it a bunch more times. Give me a few days ( tommorrow is a busy day) and after that I'll get it on CD and than record something over it. Than get it on the computer. I'll look around for some software to see if there is anything that will help. I'll listen to the other tracks and see what i can add. I'll keep in touch or you can always pm me.

I'm bringing this one back from the grave. Milod's post in this thread inspired me to do some pickin' and grinnin' myself. I'm discovering acoustic is way harder to play... [cool]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Archived