Gibson Brands Forums

We can talk a good game but this is a guitar forum

Blackie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes Chrisdude!! That is my kinda stuff!!! Nice and riffy and pretty heavy! Nicely done man....where will we be able to purchase this album when its released? Awesome stuff!

Cheers man, in will be available soon through SPV Europe and Nightmare records in USA. I'll let everyone know when we are happy with a deal ;-)

Okay, just one dumb old guy question: Given the myriad of definitions within variations of current rock, under what "style" name is this piece?

Believe it or not <grin> I like it.

I was listening, however, through some lousy computer speakers and I've a hunch that's why I was losing clarity on the vocal side of it.

Which brings a question for all:

If it's true that the archtop acoustic ruled the early radio airwaves and mechanical recordings because they had little bass and treble through available listening equipment, what do you think we should do to tailor our music (regardless of style) to have it work better through computer speakers?

Or... do most of us figure most of our Internet-moved stuff will end up being listened to on Ipods or whatever that can kick the whole audio spectrum into some ear plugs of some sort?

m

Okay' date=' just one dumb old guy question: Given the myriad of definitions within variations of current rock, under what "style" name is this piece?

Believe it or not <grin> I like it.

I was listening, however, through some lousy computer speakers and I've a hunch that's why I was losing clarity on the vocal side of it.

Which brings a question for all:

If it's true that the archtop acoustic ruled the early radio airwaves and mechanical recordings because they had little bass and treble through available listening equipment, what do you think we should do to tailor our music (regardless of style) to have it work better through computer speakers?

Or... do most of us figure most of our Internet-moved stuff will end up being listened to on Ipods or whatever that can kick the whole audio spectrum into some ear plugs of some sort?

m

[/quote']

If I were a recording engineer I'd run the mix so it would sound good through the least common denominator of lo-fi monitors (a painter's radio, the crummy speakers that come in computer monitors, etc.). Of course I'd also make it sound good through hi-fi monitors.

FWIW, www.myspace.com/electromags (I don't like the mixes but whatever)

and www.myspace.com/thenasstyhabits (only have rowdy rock and roll online at the moment)

If I were a recording engineer I'd run the mix so it would sound good through the least common denominator of lo-fi monitors (a painter's radio' date=' the crummy speakers that come in computer monitors, etc.). Of course I'd also make it sound good through hi-fi monitors.

FWIW, www.myspace.com/electromags (I don't like the mixes but whatever)

and www.myspace.com/thenasstyhabits (only have rowdy rock and roll online at the moment)

[/quote']

Which is EXACTLY the correct process. All mastering has to be tailored for all systems. It is actually a black art. When we master, we all take a copy home and play it through EVERYTHING we have nomatter how good / crappy.

Milod, to answer your question I have No idea what the catargory would be. Classic Rock magazine classed us as "Sledgehammer Blues Metal" which I thought was kinda cool. I would call it Classic Metal if such a thing ever existed ;-)

heheheh thanks everyone,,, I'll post here when we get a decent deal which will be global nomatter what. We will be posting off very soon ;-)

By the way an interesting point has been raised. That track is unmastered (or mastered to a substandard quality) as we are indeed going through the mastering process which, as some of you know, sometimes takes longer than recording a track!

We are all waiting on your submission there NeoC........

Keep waiting.

And if that little ditty from Bad Blues Player doing the Milli Vanilli lip-synch thing is the benchmark....

I have zero audio/video recording equipment.

I do not expect to purchase any in the near term.

If I did' date=' I have no desire to produce the sort of animated (though amusing) antics as you.

[b']4.[/b]

I'm simply not convinced that anything I do on guitar needs to be shared so desperately.

I play guitar for my own amusement, enjoyment. What you wanna listen to is your own business too.

I'm not so pompous, self-absorbed and narcissistic to believe that ANYTHING I record deserves world attention.

Let me know when you're in town, I'll let ya know if I'm playing a gig.

If that doesn't work for you, then click fxcking elsewhere.

Keep waiting.

And if that little ditty from Bad Blues Player doing the Milli Vanilli lip-synch thing is the benchmark....

I have zero audio/video recording equipment.

I do not expect to purchase any in the near term.

If I did' date=' I have no desire to produce the sort of animated (though amusing) antics as you.

[b']4.[/b]

I'm simply not convinced that anything I do on guitar needs to be shared so desperately.

I play guitar for my own amusement, enjoyment. What you wanna listen to is your own business too.

I'm not so pompous, self-absorbed and narcissistic to believe that ANYTHING I record deserves world attention.

Let me know when you're in town, I'll let ya know if I'm playing a gig.

If that doesn't work for you, then click fxcking elsewhere.

1. understandable

2. understandable

3. Pretty funny stuff if you ask me.

4. I don't feel desperate in sharing my stuff. IMO it's a healthy practice to share.

5. Keep in mind different players play for different reasons, one no better than the other

6. IMO it takes a certain level of courage to put yourself and your ideas out there for the world to listen. I personally admire people that do so. Plus it gives me the opportunity to learn from those that kindly do so.

7. Please extend the same invitation to me[cool]

8. And the same goes for you..... If you had no intention of sharing any of your guitar efforts, then there really was no reason to involve yourself in this thread.

4. I don't feel desperate in sharing my stuff. IMO it's a healthy practice to share.

Big difference between sharing' date=' and "Hey everybody! Look at ME!!!"

7. Please extend the same invitation to me

Done.

8. And the same goes for you.....

If you had no intention of sharing any of your guitar efforts' date='

then there really was no reason to involve yourself in this thread. [/quote']

Duane, rest assured that from this point forward I will alert you if I see "unreasonable" participation.

That goes for any thread I post in.

Anybody who follows me with something I feel is inappropriate, I will alert you so you can act swiftly.

Beyond my realm, the limits of my little domain, the threads I don't open, I'll let you handle it on your own.

If permission is required in advance, with threat of repercussion, I'd say that changes the forum a bit....

I will take your broad hint, tuck my tail between my legs, and slink away from this thread now.

I don't see the need to criticize anyone about whether or not they want to share (desperately or otherwise) their music with other music lovers.

I share my music all the time....for a couple of reasons.

1) I want help completing the song (Solos, vocals etc)

2) I'm really excited about a cool riff I wrote and wonder if other people think it is as cool as I do (usually the answer is no hehe)

I do, however, agree you don't need to share if you don't want to. You shouldn't feel like you have to, but it's foolish and narrow-minded to be criticizing those who do. When you make this criticism, it sounds like jealousy, pure and simple....even if that's not the case.

So everyone, whether you share your tunes or not, get off your high horse and enjoy the ****ing music people do post. Good music doesn't ONLY come from people like Page, Hendrix, Clapton, Moore etc.....the little guys make some great tunes and you're remiss if you can't dig deep enough to give it a chance and open your mind.

Archived