Gibson Brands Forums

Ordered Some Gillian Welch.....

Murph

I've got dialup here, so can't do music on the computer. Ordered the Revelator and Soul Journey from Ernest Tubbs the other day. Other than "O Brother" I haven't heard much of her stuff. She played drums on a song on the new Sara Watkins CD, and I think GG likes her, so I ordered some.

I'm getting back into acoustic a lot, and am always looking for stuff for my daughter to sing and play.

Anyhow, can't wait.

You won't be disappointed. I think maybe Time (The Revelator) is my favourite GW album.

I agree. I can't imagine not liking anything by Gil and Dave. Lots of good songs on both those cd's. I don't really know which is my favourite? There's a lot of great Gil and Dave bootleg stuff out there too. Not that I would know anything about that :-

Another thumbs up for Gillian Welch. She's made some great albums and she and Dave Rawlings put on a great show. I would have a hard time selecting a favorite album though, like so many things in life, it kind of depends on my mood. Although I have to admit that I absolutely love this snippet from the tune "Look At Miss Ohio" on the Soul Journey album:

"She says I wanna do right, but not right now"

Nice!

All the best,

Guth

Archived