Gibson Brands Forums

Who built my guitar?

yaz1009

There would have been a number of craftsman working on the day your guitar went through the plant. You could find the day your guitar was built by the serial number but are you looking for a specific person? There are different craftsmen/women at each station at the plant who would likely have had a hand in building your guitar. I know that Matthew McCool built Magic's back!

There would have been a number of craftsman working on the day your guitar went through the plant. You could find the day your guitar was built by the serial number but are you looking for a specific person? There are different craftsmen/women at each station at the plant who would likely have had a hand in building your guitar. I know that Matthew McCool built Magic's back!

thank you! I know its a stretch but would be great to know that Ren had a hand in it! Once you find the attachment to your guitar - it becomes that special friend so to speak, having a life of its own, you start thinking in a far corner of your brain that it must have been special from day one...

but maybe that is not so fair to those who had a hand in its creation that aren't Ren ... selling them short so to speak,

Yes!

It is good to know who was taking part in the building of your guitar. This gives something like a personality to the instrument.

For my M-R GIBS I dunno abslolutely nothing but for "THE GALE" - well this is another story ;-)

Se was built by Galin Penev himself during six months. Every little peace.

Hand made !!!

Love that!!!!! And wish it to all of you!

[biggrin]

Yes!

It is good to know who was taking part in the building of your guitar. This gives something like a personality to the instrument.

For my M-R GIBS I dunno abslolutely nothing but for "THE GALE" - well this is another story ;-)

Se was built by Galin Penev himself during six months. Every little peace.

Hand made !!!

Love that!!!!! And wish it to all of you!

[cool]

exactly !!

Now I am on a hunt for this info....

yet all the same, love the guitars no matter what I find out.

Now I am on a hunt for this info....

Best of luck! But' date=' for almost all recent Gibsons, regular production models and customs alike, this is much like asking "Which car-builder at Chevy buiit my Camaro?" (Except that Chevrolet likely keeps records of who did what along the production line, and Gibson doesn't much believe in record keeping.[biggrin)

-- Bob R

I had a Custom J-200 built to my specs last year as my last Gibson acoustic (Ha! Ha!) and because I wanted to stay maple. It probably went through more hands than I could really hope to ever know. Satisfied just to have received what I wanted, crafted in the way I had hoped. Serenity at that fact will do.

Archived