Gibson Brands Forums

Good deed of the day

MojoRedFoot

Yesterday I was on ebay looking at LPs. I came across an item listed as "2004 Gibson Slash Les Paul Custom" priced at $1500. Now the seller was selling on consignment so he's cool. It has a 9 digit serial number starting w/ 00. It did not have the 3 piece headstock w/ the outer cuts. The spacing between the TOM and stop tail piece was pretty wide. It had a poorly cut horn. So I messaged him and told him the serial # was not correct and there were at least 3 tell tail signs it was Chinese asked if the seller if the owner presented it as geniune Gibson. He responded saying that the seller told him it was a real Gibson. He went to Gibson on the matter of the serial number and validated it was a fake. He yanked the auction and told the onwer to come collect his sh!t and thanked me for alerting him. One less a$$hole getting away with selling a POS Chinese guitar. That could have come back to bite the seller in the a$$ and I'm sure he doesn't need that.

Yeah, and they're so clever to run it through an unsuspecting 3rd party. Whether he knew it was sh!t before he bought it or realized it later and was trying to pass it off on somebody else it's incredibly sleazy.

Blackie, your cat is real cool.

It's amazing how often people state they are "selling this guitar for a friend" on ebay. It makes me suspicious right away. Of course I am sure some of them might well be selling it for a friend, but nevertheless you have to be on your toes!

Archived