Gibson Brands Forums

am i letting the side down?

S t e v e

this morning i played (super mario bros galaxy) on the wii for about 2 hrs! then i went upstairs and done some finger tapping practice for about half hour, but as i was tapping all i could think about was beating KING BOO to the finish line on the mario game? [biggrin] am i losing my passion for the guitar? or is it a normal male (wanting to be the best at everything) moment? :-k[blush]

mario_galaxy.jpg

When a Game gets your Goat all you can do is keep at it, damned things. Don't worry, once you put the Boss Character in his place, you'll find your guitar again.

BTW, King Boo? Whatever happened to King Kupa?

On a Musical Note, King Kupa was named after Swing Drummer Gene Krupa, making this a Music Oriented Thread.

...On a Musical Note' date=' King Kupa was named after Swing Drummer Gene Krupa, making this a Music Oriented Thread.[/quote']

That's a cool piece of trivia man. Awesome.

I've been on the fence about buying a Wii for a while now. That new Super Mario Bros. game looks amazing. When I was a kid, Super Mario Bros. and Metroid (my favorite video game ever) were such big parts of my life. I loved that stuff. -I'd probably be a better guitar player now though had I not had a Nintendo...haha. Anyway, I say play on, and if you wind up not beating KING BOO, just put that frustration to a positive use, and go play some riffs on your guitars. :-k

Man that's the way it works with games. I have a love/hate relationship with them.

On a side note, Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games on the Wii... very unique and addicting.

this morning i played (super mario bros galaxy) on the wii for about 2 hrs! then i went upstairs and done some finger tapping practice for about half hour' date=' but as i was tapping all i could think about was beating KING BOO to the finish line on the mario game? [scared'] am i losing my passion for the guitar? or is it a normal male (wanting to be the best at everything) moment? [blink][lol] ...

You can't be all things to all interests. My signature quote about GuitarHero, by extension, applies to all video games. Do the math.

You can't be all things to all interests. My signature quote about GuitarHero' date=' by extension, applies to all video games. Do the math.[/quote']

If it's chicks you want, get a motorcycle. If you want to play music take up the guitar. If you want to entertain yourself without a lot of extra thought, Video Games and TV are nice diversions.

Archived