Gibson Brands Forums

Hello!

jamo71

Welcome. I also own a Studio Plus. I got it about 3 years ago and still and love it. I see in your photo that you have a Vox. I also just recently bought a Vox AD50VT for a practice amp since my B-52 AT212 is so darn heavy. You can get some great tones with your LP through that Vox, as I'm sure you are discovering.

Sweeeet!!!! I'm going to buy my first gibson in a couple months...... Honey burst lp classic!!!!!!!!

I have the Honeyburst Classic...beautiful guitar, but I wish I had bought the Standard. I'm not a huge fan of the ceramic PUs. May switch to Classic 57s.

I have the Honeyburst Classic...beautiful guitar' date=' but I wish I had bought the Standard. I'm not a huge fan of the ceramic PUs. May switch to Classic 57s.[/quote']

I might switch the pu's out but i like the classic. For one it's three hundred dollars cheaper and i'm still in high school!!!!!!!!!!!

I might switch the pu's out but i like the classic. For one it's three hundred dollars cheaper and i'm still in high school!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fair enough. Might I suggest buying the Les Paul Standard Faded from www.zzounds.com

All 3 finishes are $1599 (unlike at other dealers) with free shipping and no tax! That's what I did, and the faded finish is badass.

That's fair enough. Might I suggest buying the Les Paul Standard Faded from www.zzounds.com

All 3 finishes are $1599 (unlike at other dealers) with free shipping and no tax! That's what I did' date=' and the faded finish is badass.[/quote']

Whoa!! Thanks bro that's probley the route i'll be taking. But I heard the BB Pro's are bad... maybe i'll change them out anyway

But I heard the BB Pro's are bad... maybe i'll change them out anyway

At first I wasn't sure about my BB Pros. But now I love them, esp the neck pickup (who knew?). Give 'em a chance, who knows you may love them like I do! I love the way my Classic looks and feels, but the 496/500 is just way too hot for me.

At first I wasn't sure about my BB Pros. But now I love them' date=' esp the neck pickup (who knew?). Give 'em a chance, who knows you may love them like I do! I love the way my Classic looks and feels, but the 496/500 is just way too hot for me.[/quote']

Really??? I thought the ceramics were awesome!!! Gave me a nice heavy blues with lots of bottom end.

Archived