Gibson Brands Forums

Ooooh - 339 in Ebony at Wildwood

badbluesplayer

Guest BentonC

Yeah- very nice looking guitar. Reminds me of a smaller Roy Orbison 335 (minus the TP-6 tailpiece)...

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know ebony was an option. I'm waiting for a 339 in antique burst but I'd have gone for the ebony if I'd known. How long before Vari-tone is available, or would that damage Lucille sales?

I didn't know ebony was an option. I'm waiting for a 339 in antique burst but I'd have gone for the ebony if I'd known. How long before Vari-tone is available' date=' or would that damage Lucille sales?[/quote']

GuitarCenter has the Antique Burst (with 59 neck) available now on their website. They also knocked the price down for the Antique Red (with 30/60 neck) to $1799. Not sure, why the Antique Red is discounted.

I didn't know ebony was an option. I'm waiting for a 339 in antique burst but I'd have gone for the ebony if I'd known. How long before Vari-tone is available' date=' or would that damage Lucille sales?

Apparently Wildwood just orders a few of these with custom paint colors, which makes them a little more expensive. The Ebony ES-339 is going for about two benjamins more than the Vintage 'burst.

Not that I'm complaining, I love black guitars! [cool]

GuitarCenter has the Antique Burst (with 59 neck) available now on their website. They also knocked the price down for the Antique Red (with 30/60 neck) to $1799. Not sure why the Antique Red is discounted.

That's a pretty good price if you like the Antique Red finish.

Anyway, it's nice to see these are becoming available outside of just the big-box stores.

John

Apparently Wildwood just orders a few of these with custom paint colors' date=' which makes them a little more expensive. The Ebony ES-339 is going for about two benjamins more than the Vintage 'burst.

Not that I'm complaining, I love black guitars! [blush

John

I didn't think about Wildwood doing custom orders, but that makes sense.

Archived