Gibson Brands Forums

BOSS TU-3 Tuner

Super24

I think the TU-3 is an improvement over the old TU-2.

I use a Korg Pitch Black, because it functioned better than the TU-2. More accurat tuning and I liked the features better.

The TU-3 was not out at the time I went with the Korg.

I think the TU-3 or the Korg Pitch Black would be perfect for most people's tuning needs on a pedalboard.

Go with what brand you prefer or whichever is at the best price. I'm positive you will be happy.

I didn't know Boss even had a new tuner. I've got a TU-2 and it's never let me down. If it ever breaks (which I doubt it will) I'll check one out. What's different about it?

I didn't know Boss even had a new tuner. I've got a TU-2 and it's never let me down. If it ever breaks (which I doubt it will) I'll check one out. What's different about it?

The strobe is improved and it has faster note acquisition than the TU-2, they basically tweaked it up a bit.

I was looking at a TU-3 or a Pitch Black to upgrade from my TU-2. The TU-2 is OK, but the TU-3 and PB have much more finite tuning. The TU-2 is +/- 3 cents while the TU-3 and the PB are +/-1.

I was looking at a TU-3 or a Pitch Black to upgrade from my TU-2. The TU-2 is OK' date=' but the TU-3 and PB have much more finite tuning. The TU-2 is +/- 3 cents while the TU-3 and the PB are +/-1. [/quote']

Yeah, I have the PB. It's accurate and as tank tuff as the Boss housing (and I'm a Boss pedal snob)

The TU-3 & PB are on par with each other.

That's why I would go with whichever you can get the best price on, either one is a good choice.

There is also the TC Electronic Poly Tune that can tune all strings at once.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Archived